November 11, 2011

Tea Time

I am a day late for Tea Time in Bangkok with Ruth, but won't you join me anyway?


I am having...

A cup of warm jasmine tea with a chicken sandwich.

~Recipe~
cooked chicken, chopped
red pepper, chopped
peperoncini, finely chopped
heaping spoonful of crumbled feta cheese
mayo and mustard to blend together
salt and pepper
spread on a soft, nutty wheat bread

Take a bite and say Yummmm!

 
I am feeling...

Glad to be home.  Today is Veteran's Day.  Thank you Veterans for your sacrifice for our country. Thank you Lord for safety, and peace, and prosperity.  We are truly blessed.  Mr. Santos has the day off from work for the holiday.

We spent the afternoon doing one of his favorite things...visiting the Sportsman's store.  Guns, knives, ammunition, survival gear.  A man's haven.


On my mind...

Time is short.  Thankful for every peaceful moment we enjoy.

A Quote to share...

"If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for." 
~ Charles H. Spurgeon 


Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

5 comments:

  1. Hello Laura,
    Your sandwich sounds delicious.
    Thanks for the pumpkin cake. I'm drooling imagining it. Any veggies here is very expensive nowadays so it would really be a treat to visit you (in my dreams)and enjoy your harvest :-)

    Thanks for sharing your family time. It's good to hear that you had a relaxing day.

    I enjoyed my visit, as always.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. The Lord usually lets me know when He wishes me to focus on something by "repeating" it throughout my day...your quote is the second, powerful statement about "hell" that I've read today...I must be supposed to pray and ponder these things! I am glad you enjoyed a day shopping with your hubby...even if it was at the gun store...one of my husband's favorite places, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Saturday morning, Mrs. Santos! Your sandwich sounds yummy; I'm filing the recipe away to try soon. It actually sounds like a delicious summer meal--quick and easy!

    The quote by Spurgeon really makes one think about what we're doing, what takes up our time, etc. Thank you for deep thoughts.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that Spurgeon quote. Every time I read it, I think 'Yes... don't let any go to hell and say, 'Anne never told me''. Oh, the horror....

    Love the sound of the sandwich.

    And God bless your veterans, as ours. Today I posted on our local Remembrance service. We will never forget...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time is short and we waste so much of it doing things that are not important. Thankyou for the reminder :). We should make every minute count.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...