November 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

The Lord has been so good to me! My cup runneth over! Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.

Today is my birthday.  I am so thankful to have another year with my children, with my husband, with good health.  God has met all of my needs.  It has been a difficult year with lots of learning.  The most fruitful lessons come from failing or falling.  But, I have been able to get up and the Lord, himself, has helped to dust me off and send me on again to learn and grow.

I rejoice in my weakness because HIS Strength is made perfect in weakness.

Yesterday, Mr. Santos took me and the children along with some friends from out of town out for lunch.  It was very generous of him and I had a wonderful time visiting.  

Then today...look at what fun I had!



Isn't this the most beautiful cake you have ever seen?  Sophia had her first cooking class today with a friend,  and this was their project. Gorgeous!



My favorite red roses delivered personally by some good friends.


A yummy meal from another wonderful family.  Beef enchiladas, a fresh salad and homemade ranch dressing.


My favorite people to eat dinner with!


The cake was DEEElicious.  Chocolate cake with crunchy peanut butter filling.  Good Job, Sophia!

Overflowing with love notes from my children.

That is a "Golden" Ticket...good for a whole day with my lovey doing whatever fun thing I choose.  
Isn't that a sweet gift?

Mr. Santos helped the children to get me this CD.  I love it! and listen to it while I clean the house.
Here is one of my favorite tracks.


My piano top (and my facebook page) full of birthday greetings.


A hat my Naomi crocheted with the help of a friend.  In my favorite color too!  I can't wait to wear it.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome, Laura. I am so glad that you were so blessed today!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday you had! You surely are blessed to receive so much love and appreciation!

    The cake that Sophia made was beautiful! It sounds like it would taste good too. Can you send me and my husband a slice so we can taste it? :)

    I also enjoyed viewing the picture of your family. They look so happy, although Mr. Santos looks so serious, ha, ha! :)

    Take care Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday dear Mrs Santo. Looks like you had a wonderful day. Your daughter made a beautiful cake, well done to her :). And I also love that CD, I love listening to it while I work. Joshua Bell is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm late for the celebration!!!
    Happy Birthday, Laura!
    I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. Your family knows how to make each member feel loved and important.

    Tea Talk has a little greetings for you. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Happy Birthday! Such nice things. I love the roses. Wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry I'm so late in reading this, Laura. Happy Be-lated Birthday! It looks like it was a really nice one. And the cake is gorgeous, great job Sophia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...