October 20, 2011

Tea Time


I am having...

A cup of green tea with honey.
 
I am feeling...

Anxious to leave the house. It is Thursday so we are off to the farm to sell pumpkins.  We will be there the rest of the week.

I love it out there. I have a big Autumn quilt hanging, the wood stove burning, and no distractions.  Even if we don't have a single customer, it is a quiet and precious time.


On my mind...

I was thinking about all the things I want to give my children.  Christmas is coming.  This is a cue for all the Toy and Book companies to flood the mailbox with catalogs.  The children lay on their tummies pointing and dreaming of all the wonderful things in the world that they want.  There are things that they need that don't come in catalogs.

While I was making a mental note of how much I could spend this year, a verse popped into my mind.


And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you;  2 Cor 12:15

There is so much I can give to that does not cost money.  It may cost me sleep, or time, or convenience.  It may even cost me pride.


A Prayer to share...

Lord, What do you want me to give today?  What do you want me to spend?  I know that you will give ME what I need in order to give what THEY need.  Thank you.


Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! You are so contemplative, must be the quiet of the farm :-) Where is this lovely farm? I wish I could be there!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sons use to look through the catalgues and circle the things they wanted. Now they just tell me!! As I read this, I too are drinking my Jasmime Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Santos, It is never to late to stop by and say hi! So, HI! :)

    I just came back from a week in my parents' lake house, and I know what you mean about peaceful. It was so quiet there, and I simply loved and enjoyed the peace and refreshment the Lord gave me. I hope you experience that as well, as you spend time on the farm. (Customers are nice, too!)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Laura. I would love to go to your farm and spend quite times there, too. I can imagine how cozy it is, as you described it well.

    Sorry for the late visit. Our life is on hold here. Still dry but the flood is sure to come. So I prefer to let it pass now so we can be back to our normal lives.

    Thank you for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen.! nice post thanks for sharing..shalom! loves from holland..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! i love your thoughts! thank you for dropping by my TT entry.. up until now we are still waiting for that "promised" flood -- but we are going to the English class tomorrow anyhow.. the kids are very interested to learn English and it seems pretty dry in this area... at least for now. Thanks for your precious thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...