October 24, 2011

October Days



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Monday, October 24, 2011

Outside our window...

Sunshine.  (Yipee!) And a  "For Rent" sign for the adjoining apartment.  Scary! especially when I see some of the characters stopping in to view the place.  I wonder who our new neighbors will be?  We will share a wall and a front yard together.  I sigh, and pray and remember that God is in control.  I pray that we can be a blessing to our new neighbors and that they will be a blessing to us.

I am thankful...


That I am in charge of setting my alarm clock or not.  Today, exhausted after a very difficult weekend, the children and I slept in.  We woke up to do chores and had a late breakfast of french toast and pears.  No time constraints! 


I am learning...

That when someone "condemns" me, or accuses me, they are not always telling the truth.  At times, they are merely trying to justify themselves.  It has taken me a long time to learn this and to stop feeling guilty for every accusation made.

From the kitchen...

Nothing made out of a pumpkin! Ha Ha...at least not today.  Tomorrow probably, but not today.

I am wearing...



Shhh! Don't tell anyone...sweats!  And I have the heater blaring too!  What a rebel I am today!

I am creating...


I should say WE are creating an aquarium wall.  Colored pencil art during school


Noah prefers using pens.




I am going...

to rejoice in the Lord always!  I won't wait for the difficult people to get out of my life.  I won't wait for the checking account to be full.  I won't wait for sunny days and lots of energy.  I will rejoice TODAY!

I am remembering...

These words:

You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.

Psalm 139:6

I am reading...

DIY magazines and some cookbooks from the library for fun.

I am hoping...


That I will become a woman who has kindness on her lips.

Today, I realized another "why".  Why do I nag my children so much?  Because, I don't want them to experience consequences and I don't want to administer the consequences.

For instance, if there is a time limit for a job to get done, and I see that the children are playing rather than doing, I will "nag" them to get to work.  "Time is running out!"  "Hurry Up!" "What are you doing?"  "What are you supposed to be doing?"  nag nag nag.  It can be exhausting.

So, no more nagging.  Hoping for kindness only (it will take some deliberate work on my part) and if there are consequences, there are consequences.


I am understanding...

More and more that life is not about conforming others into my image for them, but being (myself) conformed to the image of Christ.

Around the house...

Poetry.  Reading it, copying it, listening to it, and writing our own.

One of my favorite things...

Uncluttered kitchen counters.

A few plans for the week:

Pick up a pack of special markers and a bottle of ink.  We are going to turn some goose feathers into ink pens and also practice the art of calligraphy.

Here are some picture thoughts to share...

Getting ready to feed the calves at a friends house





5 comments:

  1. Have to say Awwww! for kids with bottle calves ~ ♥ ~

    And you always seem to nail me - For example, the I'm Hoping...
    I too like to avoid administering consequences. I must think I have 'better' things to do? hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for blessing me today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journal. Thank you for blessing my heart today (as always).

    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fish drawings that your children have made. They are so colorful and bright! You certainly have a creative bunch on your hands! :)

    A "late" morning filled with chores and french toast sounds like a good morning to me too! :)

    I pray that you will get nice neighbors that move next door to you. There is a house across the street from us that is for sale, and I also wonder who will move-in there as well.

    As always, I enjoy reading your daybook thoughts. Have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love uncluttered kitchen counters, too -- though it's rare I can keep them that way! Enjoyed your daybook! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...