September 19, 2011

What are You doing today?


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Monday, September 19, 2011

Outside our window...

Cold Sunshine, Dew on the grass, A chicken named Biscuit pecking at her oats.

I am thankful for...

beautiful sweaters I bought at the thrift store and a plaid skirt I bought new (but on sale).

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Matthew 6:28-30

I am learning...

That when I obey the Lord, I learn more wonderful things about him.  And what a wonder He is!  Just wondering about him is NOT good enough anymore...I want to know. So, I guess that means more obedience.

From the kitchen...

Do I have to go in there today?    Why do we have to eat so many times in the day?  A handful of nuts, a bite of an apple...that's good enough for me!

Unfortunately, this is not good enough for Mr. Santos and three growing children.

Well, whatever comes out of that place, I do have some puff pastry and some apples.  An apple tart will make things special, don't you think?  Plus, it only takes 5 minutes to put together. 

I am wearing...



One of my "new" sweaters...so warm and cozy on this chilly day.

I am creating...


a routine.  This is the third week.  It is a miracle.  I'm not chained to my routine...but it has brought stability to the Santos Times.  

I am going...

to a baby shower this week.  I love baby showers.  And this one is going to be so fun because the baby is already born.  Lots of cooing and ahhing over the little one.  Lots of pink this and pink that, food and laughter and women chatting away...can't wait!

I am remembering...

My son last night nibbling his crackers into animal shapes, then using them as actors in his little plays.  Childhood passes so quickly.

I am reading...

 The book of 1 Samuel every day with the children.

"Woah! Really?" was the reaction to chapter 2 verse 21. "And the Lord visited Hannah..."

"Mom, could He visit us?"  You can imagine the great conversation that came out of that.


I am hoping...


To speak with a soft voice and kind words today.  I have been convicted of my sharp tongue and critical ways.  Oh, it has been heavy!

 God is so good to have mercy on me.  Please pray for me.  I must completely retrain myself.  Pray that I would have new phrases for the same trials that come up every day.  You know the ones: complaining, whining, arguing, ungratefulness.  This is the stuff of wifing and parenting.

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. Proverbs 31:26


I am hearing...

The timer ticking away.  Without it, Noah would never finish his math.

Around the house...

Beautiful red roses given as a gift from some friends we had over for dinner.

One of my favorite things...

Milk chocolate with almonds

A few plans for the week:

School, violin lessons, a baby shower, listen to a visiting Bible Teacher.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Sunflowers growing at the farm.

2 comments:

  1. When my tongue grows sharp, I like to pause and meditate: "Mary, gentle, meek and mild, lead me to Jesus...your Divine Child". Somehow, this instantly calms my spirit and helps me to speak in ways that edify rather than tear down.
    I love your Daybook and I wish I could have gone to that shower with you...OH! What fun we would have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your day. For me it is now evening and almost bedtime. I am sitting on the couch catching up with the blogs and have a cat to keep me company. I am drinking Jasmime tea. I am getting tired so my brain isn't functioning the best it could:)

    I love going to thrift stores and finding bargains, isn't it amazing what people throw away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...