September 12, 2011

Questions a Christian should ask

Being a Christian means making Jesus Christ Lord of my life.

It doesn't mean going to church.  It doesn't mean wearing dresses and home schooling my children.  

It is being a follower of Jesus Christ.  You know, like follow the leader.  In his steps.  Copying.  It is a unique relationship.  Like a marriage, I get a husband, he gets a bride.  He paid for me. He bought me. I belong to him.  And now...NOW what?  Now he is getting me ready.  Ready for the wedding feast. 

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Eph 5:25-27

The longer I know the Lord, the more amazing this relationship becomes.

First, Jesus was sent by God to get me ~  1John 4:10

Second, Jesus came willingly to do what God asked Him to do ~ everything his Father asked him to do.  Remember when Mary and Joseph were looking for him in the caravan? (Luke 2) Even as a child he was "about his father's business."

Then, instead of condemning me, knowing all my sin, he paid my debt.  The wages of sin is death.  I earned my wages.  That is what is owed to me.  But instead of paying what I am due, He took it and gave me a gift instead.  The gift of eternal Life. Oh Jesus, how wonderful you are!

Finally, He lives not just with me, but in me.  He is now Lord of my life.

But is he?  Really?  Do I allow him to be?

If this is His life, if I have really given it to him, then how does my life demonstrate it?

This is his face.  Does it smile or frown at the children?  Jesus said "suffer the little children to come unto me."  These are his hands.  Are they doing God's work or my own pleasure?  These are his feet.  Are they going or staying where he wants them to go? 
What about my ears?  What am I listening to...does Jesus want to hear it?
What about my eyes?  Does Jesus want to see it?

Do I do what Jesus wants only when I am "able?"  If I have enough time, strength, money?  What if He wants me to do something that seems impossible?  It may be impossible for me...but nothing is impossible for him.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  2 Cor 12:9

Is Jesus really Lord of my life?

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...