September 26, 2011

Last week of September, 2011


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Monday, September 26, 2011

Outside our window...

Rain. The leaves are changing colors with the coming of fall...at least the leaves still left on the trees after this weekend's blustery days.

I am thankful for...

Answered prayers!

I am learning...

that God does not ask us to do what we are unable to do.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."
Philipians  4:13

this would include being patient, repeating myself for the six billionth time, smiling instead of grinding my teeth, using my calm "I am the mother" voice instead of shouting.  It includes giving mercy and forgiveness.

From the kitchen...

homemade pizza.  What to do with a jar of spaghetti sauce and a pound of sausage but no noodles?  I also sauteed some onions and found a jar of olives.  Didn't I say I was thankful for answered prayer?

I am wearing...



A brown suede skirt and a cranberry sweater.

I am creating...


a "poor man's" recipe book for a friend who just got married.  It is just a compilation of recipes I made up when I have had to streeeetch ingredients to feed a big group or to last until the next shopping day.

I am going...

to finish writing out some pretty snail mail cards to a few friends.

I am remembering...

my munchkins when they were just munchkins.  I have a big box of photos that I have been rummaging through the last few days.

I am reading...

 The book of 1 Samuel every day with the children (still).

Roller Skates, by Ruth Sawyer (with the children)


I am hoping...


that my violin playing will stop sounding like a train wreck SOONER rather than later.  What?  I didn't tell you I was taking lessons with the children?  You should see me next to all these little 6 and 7 year olds in their tiny child size chairs.

I am hearing...

The children playing and happy - so much nicer than the crying and complaining of earlier today.

I'm happy though, because I did not allow all the c's and c's to change my expectations.  I held my ground and won.  My expectations were met, Momma remained "in charge" and peace was restored.  Thank you Lord.

Around the house...

Sophia is making a fort.
Naomi is "spread out" drawing.
Noah is building his own bowling alley.

I'll give them another hour before it's "Clean-up time" for Mr. Santos' homecoming.

One of my favorite things...

warm feet on a cold rainy day.

A few plans for the week:

School, violin lessons, and YEAH, HIP HIP HOORAY, YIPEE, my sister and her family are visiting from California this weekend.  Only a two day visit, but it has been almost three years since I have seen them.


Here are some picture thoughts to share...
I am not ready for rainy days yet...all the lamps on in the middle of the afternoon...no, not yet.  I am not ready.  I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.







2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your Daybooks, Laura. And I agree with Melanie, the family pics were great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...