September 27, 2011

His delights

Isn't it fun to make a list of the things we love and enjoy?

Hot showers
Chocolate
Sunshine on the ocean
Roses
Pecan pie
Laughter

I could go on and on.  If you haven't done it in a while, you should try.  Make a list of the things that bring you joy - the things that you are grateful for. Whenever I am grumpy or feeling negative, this little practice is a sure way to help me out of the pit.  Sometimes, I wonder what it is that God loves and enjoys.  I did a quick search through my Bible and this is what I found:

* "he taketh pleasure in them that fear him." Psalm 147:11

* "the prayer of the upright is his delight." Psalm 35:27

* "he taketh pleasure in his people." Psalm 149:4

* "the upright in their way are his delight." Prov 11:20

* He has written a book of remembrance for "them that feared the Lord and thought upon his name." Mal 3:16

* What is very valuable to him?  Jewels? Knowledge? "the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." 1Peter 3:4

* "I (wisdom) was daily his delight." Prov 8:30

* "A just weight is his delight" Prov 11:1

* "they that deal truly are his delight" Prov 12:22

* A dove descended upon Jesus and there was a voice heard from heaven "This is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." Mat 3:17

* A thick cloud overshadowed the others and only Jesus was left."This is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." Mat 17:5

* "they that are in the flesh cannot please God." Romans 8:8

* "without faith, it is impossible to please God." Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...