September 06, 2011

First September daybook


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Tuesday, September 6th, 2011

Outside our window...


Early sunshiny morning.  It is very cool and crisp, but this afternoon promises to be warm.

I am thankful for...

Hope.

Have you ever thought what a wonderful thing that is?  How it can get a person through the darkest time?

My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness.

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand;
all other ground is sinking sand.


I am learning...

That though I have called myself a sinner in the past, I have not often believed it.  If I did, how could I be as prideful and judgemental as I've been?  All that pride came from a heart that really believed she was a pretty good person deserving of good and fair treatment - certainly not death or hell. 

From the kitchen...

a crock pot roast, since we will be out at the lake today.
I am wearing...



A knee length turquoise skirt with a white tee-shirt and flip flops.

I am creating...


a schedule for a new school year.

I am going...

to pick more strawberries today.  God is so good.


This is what we picked three days ago.  We are hoping for the same amount today.  Isn't God so good to us?  

I am remembering...

the fun weekend my children had. Mr. Santos took Noah camping and panning for gold. They had a great adventure. A day later he took all the children to the river for more.




enjoying a campfire at home with me. 
I am reading...

Fascinating Womanhood...still and I am still enjoying it and hating it at the same time. It is due back at the library today, so I guess I will have to buy it.  It is such a valuable resource for learning how to be truly feminine.

I am hoping...

to order the history and science books I finally decided on...it's only September!

I am hearing...

my children coughing.  All three of them woke up with a cold this morning. Ginger tea on it's way! And lots of Body Balance too!
I wonder if we should stay home from the lake?  Only, when we are outdoors they seem to suffer so much less from coughing and congestion.

Around the house...

The children are busy bees doing their chores.

One of my favorite things...

A clean shed!  Now I have a great place to store all those pumpkins and potatoes from the garden.

A few plans for the week:

Iron out most of the kinks of our new schedule and enjoy every last drop of sunshine.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

 Our pet chicken "Biscuit" about to gobble some blackberries.

 Who else is in the doll house?

3 comments:

  1. That is one cute chicken! And one cute chicken home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those strawberries look lovely! Did the plants improve with some warmer weather?

    Hope your kiddos will feel better soon ~ Do you have any elderberry? (We like an elderberry/peppermint tea for colds)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie~ Actually, we FERTILIZED. Imagine that? A month later we had another mini harvest. Thanks for the tip on elderberry. I had forgotten that and we had some in the cupboard.

    Hello Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...