August 22, 2011

Monday Daybook


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Monday, August 22, 2011

Outside our window...

Night.

I am thankful for...

My sister's birthday today.  Happy Birthday Lisa!

  And the birth of Abianne Elaine...Welcome sweet girl!

I am learning...

that "Ungrateful" (that devil) is always justified.  Stay away! Do not humor him because he is so convincing. 

From the kitchen...

The end of leftovers...too bad.  Now I have to THINK about what to make for the next few days.  It will have to be something with potatoes, since we only have a cazillion growing in the garden.

I am wearing...



A flirty blue and white polka dot dress...my husband's favorite...with some flip flops.

I am creating...


A few batches of meatballs to put into a friend's freezer. 

I am going...

to have an infected root canal removed. YUCK. Turns out it has been infected (unbeknownst to me) for several years and the source of many of my health problems.  It is a clear and wonderful answer to my prayers.  I am happy to see good health and vitality on the horizon.

I am remembering...

The time is at hand...Rev 1:3

The end is at hand...1 Peter 4:7

I am reading...

Fascinating Womanhood.  I'm enjoying it and hating it at the same time.  Have you read this book?  What do you think of it?

I am hoping...

To visit my sisters in California next month.  Pray with me!  My little 'savings' is adding up and I am excited to buy a ticket soon.

I am hearing...

the quiet of the night.  Children all tucked in their beds, visions of chores and schoolwork dancing in their heads.  HA HA! 

Actually, not quite.  We still have another week before we really set to homeschooling.

Around the house...

The kitchen is clean, the dryer is humming, and "Biscuit"  our sweet chicken is in her box at the back door.

I know, I know...but we can't leave her outside...all by herself... in the cold dark night...not sweet little Biscuit!

One of my favorite things...

revelations of truth...so satisfying! but sometimes painful.  Still, a wonderful thing.
A few plans for the week:

Going to the county fair, a visit to the beach with friends, more Bible Bee drills (the contest is SATURDAY! pray for dear Sophia) and rest rest rest.  Thankful that my fatigue is not a sign of laziness but a serious infection.  God is so good to lead us.


Here is a video I am sharing...


We had our church service at the park yesterday. It was a beautiful day as you can see in the video. We shared a yummy picnic and good conversations after the service. Mr. Santos took us for a little walk along the trails and we enjoyed a wonderful day of sunshine. It even got a bit hot in the afternoon. Again, I can't say it enough. God is so good.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I am glad that you have an upcoming solution to your fatigue and health issues. Take care of yourself so you can take care of your family. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful :)

    So glad you're looking forward to some relief. Last year, for about 3 months, I was so tired... I wondered if I was just being lazy but it turned out that I had a low-level throat infection all that time. I was so relieved there was actually something wrong! Sometimes, when we homeschool, keep a home, give hospitality etc etc, it's hard to know when the tiredness is just.... normal! Or when there's something more going on.

    I hope it all works out for you, and you feel a difference once your tooth root is sorted (er, gone!)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you are one busy lady! I do hope your surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to end a daybook post - with soft, relaxing, beautiful, and gentle music. I truly enjoyed listening to that little musical piece today (after my computer stopped acting weird).

    At any rate, I always enjoy reading your daybook thoughts. I couldn't help but smile when you mentioned about being "disappointed" about not having left overs, tee hee. I get like that too sometimes. I'm sure you'll come-up with something good to make with those potatoes. We had those with some fruit the other night for dinner.

    Ugh! Root canal work! Been there, done that! I pray that everything will go well. I was fortunate to be able to use oral sedation when they did my root canals. I was awake, but due to the sedation, I didn't feel any pain until the work was completed. When are you getting that done?

    Well, this post is becoming too long. Take care Dear Friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...