August 23, 2011

A kind thought from a friend!


For presenting me with an award...


I never win anything.  Well, I guess I shouldn't say "never."  I rarely win anything.

My blog friend Jo, at Stop...have a chat chose me for this award.  I encourage you to visit her site, especially on a wednesday as she does an Art post then.  I have learned so much from her and always enjoy my visits at her cheerful blog.

1. Link the person back who awarded you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Answer the following questions below
4. Award this to 10 bloggers (it might be a few less than this!)


Seven things about myself:

  1. I love the clothing style of the thirties and forties.
  2. I cannot eat cheesecake or drink coffee.  Too Bad, they taste so good.
  3. I would love to visit China or Spain.
  4. I feel like I am "winging it" in every area of my life.  Thankful for the Lord who is called "Counselor."
  5. I love living in the Pacific Northwest, even with all the rain.  It is the most beautiful place on earth.
  6. I cannot multitask.
  7. But I am very organized.

Name your favorite color-

Red. But I do love looking at a sapphire blue ocean with sunshine diamonds dancing on it. That is the most beautiful color of all...makes me melt inside.

Name your favorite song-

How Great thou Art...almost any version.  I also like Fernando Ortega's version of Great is thy Faithfulness.

Name your favorite dessert-

Pecan pie.

What ticks you off-

I don't like this question. Sounds "out of control."  What makes me angry is blame shifting.  It is a great distress to me to find it in myself too.

When you’re upset you-

Seek the Lord, of course. Cry. Sigh. Call my best friend. Pray. Eat a piece of chocolate. Pray some more.

Your favorite pet-

Is there a pet that doesn't poop? I love birds. We have a pet chicken. I think parrots are awesome (but I don't like loud squawking) There is a parrot at the farm where we pick up our raw milk.  He always says "Thank you very much. Come again"

Black or white-

White. It is clean and neat and bright.

Your biggest fear-

Being deceived.

Best feature-

I don't know! I guess my smile, though I am pretty plain looking.  My smile is usually genuine though, and a genuine smile is a great feature on anybody.

Everyday attitude-

Trusting in the Lord. Everything in every day is ordained by Him.

What is perfection-

Jo said "Only God, only Jesus Christ, only the Holy Spirit", which I naturally agree with.  But in a worldly sense I would say, high quality beautiful stationery.  love it.

Guilty pleasure-

Sorry, but I don't like this phrase.  Every good and perfect gift comes from the Lord and if it brings guilt...better not do it. 

I take pleasure in lying on the beach in the sun.  Oh what a pleasure it is (if it is not too hot. I love a cool breeze)

Some blogs that I enjoy visiting: (but may not accept awards)

Ruth at Daily Divine - if we ever meet in real life, I am sure that we will be able to talk for hours
Pleasant View School House - (eye candy and wonderful Etsy shop)
Think and thinkability - a new blog by a lovely lady
Wildflower Cottage - a simple, unassuming, honest woman who likes poetry (and a good friend).

I could list many many more.  I love blogging and have met so many wonderful people (all over the world) through this venue.

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading all these details about you! And then...I saw my blog listed. :O :) You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments, you have made my day.

    The two hymns you selected are also my favorites, I love the old hymns, they are the ones I grew up and much prefer to the modern ones.

    Time for me to go to bed, getting late. So good night:)
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are always fun to read, it makes me feel like I know you a bit better. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...