August 18, 2011

No time for Tea - just a break


I am having...

Nothing right now.  Just sitting down for a break before I head out the door to the farm.  It is COLD (at least for me) Please please don't go away Summer!  I know this is the opposite of what most of the U.S. feels. But, our warm days have been few and far between this year.  
 
I am feeling...

A bit overwhelmed.  You know when you go to clean out a closet, you have to make a mess first?  It seems that way with the attitudes in my house.  Lots of stuff is coming out so we can get our negative attitudes and  thinking cleaned up.  But what a mess it is making...seems like it will never be done!

Thank God, He is the one doing most of the work. Amazing Grace.

We have been practicing "do overs."  Whenever someone is rude or ungrateful we say "do it over."  Then it must be said or done again but in the proper way.  I'm ashamed to say that I have to do "do overs" just as often as the children.  Guess that is why they are struggling so...because of my poor example.
On my mind...
God's eyes are upon me.
God's ears are open unto me.

I am not alone.  Never.  Nothing, (not even this mess around me) can separate me from his love.
A Quote to share...

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.  
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

~ 1John 4:7-11

Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy do I know that "cleaning out the closet" feeling. First we have to tear everything apart (including ourselves) and then we have to put everything back together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practicing "do overs" is a brilliant way to learn/teach/show grace, Laura. I would like to apply that in my family and classroom, too.

    I know the feelings of cleaning closets, that's why I do it once in a blue moon :-)

    Thank you very much for those beautiful words you left in my blog today. I'm blessed, encouraged, and reminded. Yes, you are right. The battle is not mine. It's His work after all. I'm not to play hero here. It's all His. I'm going to read/meditate on the passage you gave. Thank you dear friend.
    Blessings to you, your family, and your farm.

    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a comfort those verses are to me! It's not me--but He loved me. He sent Jesus for me. Thanks for sharing that today; it has strengthened my heart. :)

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can imagine I'd be doing the 'do-overs' most often too :(
    I heard my older daughter the other day speaking to our younger son in a not-nice-at-all tone, and you know what.... it sounded just like a younger version of me. Oh cringe ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "do over" concept! I am going to do this in our house and unfortunately I will probably have many too.

    Blessings,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...