July 26, 2011

Patience


What are you wearing today?  Would you believe that some of us don't know what we are wearing until someone tells us - shows us?  How do they tell us what we are wearing?  Well...

They fail.

or

They hurt us.

or

They say something that we don't want to hear.

THEN...

We can see what we are wearing.

We are wearing the old man ~ lies, anger, bitterness, malice, evil speakings, envies.

God tells us to put it OFF.

And put ON the new man ~ bowels of mercy, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long-suffering, forgiveness.

He also tells us to put ON ~ above all else ~ charity.

What is charity?  Many, many things. But the first thing is patient.  Charity (LOVE) is patient.  That means it suffers long.  It is long-suffering.

"But I can't be patient!  I've had it up to here!  I can't go on.  I can't take it anymore.  I just need a break!"

You are right. Apart from God, you can do nothing.  But he will give you strength.

"Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;" Colossians 1:11

Look closely at the verse.  What kind of strength?  With all might.  How?  According to his glorious power.  Not your power.  Not the power of positive thinking or deep breathing.  The glorious power of GOD.  For what purpose?  Unto all patience and long-suffering.  God will give you strength to be patient.  To wait.  To suffer if need be (for a long time).  And He will help you to do it joyfully ~ with joyfulness.  You will not wait sadly.  You will not wait angrily.  You will be patient full of JOY.

What are you wearing today?  I've already had to change a few times today.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Laura. I use that phrase too often (had it up to here) and really need to ask God to help me with patience. No excuses for losing my patience! Take care and God Bless you all.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH BOY, did I need that today. Thank you:)
    When I saw the post title...I thought..."Oh no, Lord...You're gonna' give it to me straight here aren't you?"
    And He did.
    Thanks for being His vessel of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I will be sharing this with a friend who is really struggling with some tough trials right now. Pray for her. She doesn't have many Christian family members around her. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies for your comments. This has been a hard lesson for me that I keep going through again and again. Putting off and putting on. I can't wait til the day I will put on and be done with it...Changed for ever.

    Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...