July 15, 2011

Nay Nay

 Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1

Naomi Baloney fell out of an apple tree this week.  While we handled the situation calmly and she seems to be OK, I was faced with the reality that my time with my children is so short.  Children are a blessing from the Lord.  And I have been TRULY blessed. I have three! under my charge. This one is my 'middle skittle.'

She has the will and determination of an iron horse, which can be overwhelming a challenge at times. But she also has the smile and the sweetness of a best buddy. 

Thank you Lord, for keeping this little girl safe.  Thank you for giving us more time together.  Thank you for reminding me of how short life is ~ like a vapor.  Thank you for being under that tree to catch her when she fell.  I was not there.  She can not count on me to keep her safe from every slip and fall she may have.  But she can count on you. I can count on you.  Your mercy and lovingkindness is everlasting. I praise you for your wonderful works!

 One year old, Naomi
 Two Years Old
 A happy baby
 A sweet five year old
 A diligent artist
 A beautiful farmer
 My little worker bee ~ cleaning out the vacuum
 My buddy ~ always content just to be near Momma.
Naomi Baloney,
My sweet macaroni,
You're my peperoni,
Naomi

5 comments:

  1. Your post brought a little tear to my eye. It is simply precious! The photos of your daughter are beautiful, and you are truly blessed to have this "little one" in your life.

    Yes, time IS short, and I think many of us (me included) take it for granted. We all have to learn to be thankful for what we have each and every day of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I wish my momma wrote me a post like this! Such a heart-melting tribute to a daughter. It speaks a lot of my own heart as a mom but I don't think I can write as beautifully as this. My Naomi is so much like your sweet Naomi.

    Thank you for sharing. It refreshed my heart after a long day working at the center.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my niece! I wish I could be there and hug you and kiss you all over. I am so glad you are okay. I loved all of the pictures of you, every single one. I can't seem to pick a favorite.

    Take care of yourself Naomi. I'm so sorry you were hurt. Love you much.

    Auntie Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your sweet comment and for rejoicing with me on my blog. I'm so glad I read about Naomi's salvation story...what a blessing and what a precious little one you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the ladies have said-very precious. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...