July 02, 2011

I am your servant

"For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake." 2 Corinthians 4:5

Or is it sometimes "For we preach ourselves and not Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves as "got-it-all-together" for Jesus' sake." 

and ourselves great cooks (or musicians, or decorators or whatever) for Jesus' sake.

and ourselves debt free, great parents, holier than thou, for Jesus' sake.

What is man that thou are mindful of him...what am I?  Isn't is so easy to get distracted from the Truly good news with our accomplishments and knowledge?

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.

In the U.S. we have fewer and fewer freedoms. However, as a Christian we can celebrate our liberty in Christ.  If the truth has set you free, you are free indeed.  Jesus is the Truth. Let us remember that it is only His precious blood that saves us.  It is only by His blood that the "accuser of the brethren" is cast down. 

I hope to remember to share my life and my views with the right perspective.  For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake. 

Happy Independence Day!  The best freedom is Freedom in Christ!  God bless us, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post and reminder, Mrs. Santos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very easy to fall into the trap of drawing attention to ourselves instead of to the ONE who lives in us and through us. I've been pondering this question lately from a retired missionary in my church. She ask her Sunday school class consisting of elderly ladies this question, "What are you living for?" She got replies like: for my grandchildren, for my husband, to serve God, to contribute to society. Phil 1:21 For me to live is Christ! I live to love Jesus and through my love for him, I seek to obey him in ALL he calls me to do. Didn't mean to be so wordy....really enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...