July 22, 2011

Friday


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Friday, July 22, 2011
Outside our window...

Sunshine. It has been a grey week, our only sunshine in the form of Grandma and Grandpa visiting. They have left now, yet God comforts us with the sunshine.  What a treat to see it shining on the flower pots.

I am thankful for...

Honest friends who speak truly and allow me to speak truly.
I am learning...

that genuine honesty is not desirable to most people
From the kitchen...

Green salad with chicken sandwiches.  Lemonade.  Crunchy cold dill pickles.
I am wearing...



an old tee shirt with a comfy skirt and a sweater.  But I think I will change my clothes.  I bet Mr. Santos would like to see me in something more cheerful and feminine.  I'm going to put on my white skirt with a pink top.  I have some flowers in a vase that would match. If I braid up my hair I could tuck one in behind my ear and maybe cheer him up after a long day at work.
I am creating...


A plan for eating that will bring some drastic changes to the Times. 

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned" ~ Peter Marshall


I am going...

to lie down.  I was up and down all night with Noah, who had food poisoning.  He is sleeping now and I could use a little rest too. 

I am remembering...

That I was in El Salvador at this time last year.  What an emotional roller coaster it was ~ death, regrets, plans, fears.  God always sees us through the trials in our lives.

I am reading...

A book on Spiritual Gifts.  Very eye opening.  It discusses the characteristics of the gift and the misuses.  I have learned Sophia has the gift of "Mercy".  No wonder she does the things she does!  Now I can help her with the misuses also, instead of criticizing her. (which is the misuse of the gift of teachers and prophets - bleh)
I am hoping...

Grandma and Grandpa make it home safely and then come right back to live with us.  We want to care for them in their old age.  I wonder if they will let us.
I am hearing...

the quiet of a tiny house turned large again with the absence of guests.
Noah is sleeping, Sophia is reading, Naomi is writing in her journal, and I am click clacking this daybook.

Around the house...

The leaves have been taken out of the dining room table.  The sheets have been changed on the beds.  The kitchen is clean.  The John Denver CD (a gift from Grandpa to Noah) is spinning still in the cd player.
   
One of my favorite things...

the comfort of God's Word ~ truth in a world full of lies
A few plans for the weekend:
We have to decide.  Sophia has a Bible Bee event. The church picnic is tomorrow.  The pumpkin patch needs to be weeded and watered ~ and all at the same time.  We can only be in one place at a time, so we will see...tomorrow. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Come Back!

7 comments:

  1. Nice daybook thoughts. I hope that Noah's tummy feels better soon, and that you can get some rest.

    Oh, in regards to your statement about people and honesty, I'm learning the hard way that this is very unfortunate, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandparents are a treasure to be cherished! I am glad your son is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your blog, Mrs. S! I copied down the Peter Marshall quote ~ and shall attempt to act upon it : )

    I wonder if I should get the name of the book you are reading on spiritual gifts ~

    How are your strawberry plants doing now?

    Blessings to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your idea of freshening up for when your husband comes home!~~Lovely!

    And I have learned the same thing about honesty. And really most times they don't want to know other people's opinions at all, they just want to do what they want to do. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to hear about your day. I love that little picture you have included.

    Have a lovely God filled week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also like the name of the book on spiritual gifts that you are reading. It has been gray and around here too for the last few days. We've had lots of rain. In fact, one of my friends said that she thought she saw her yard wave the white flag.:) Enjoyed your post and I hope Noah is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melanie and 1ofHis~ The book is called "Understanding Spiritual Gifts" and is purchased at iblp.org

    I don't agree with everything in the book. But it does make you think!

    God bless you all real good today and thanks for visiting the Times. If you were here, I would serve you up some of my strawberry jam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...