July 07, 2011

Calling all Strawberry Lovers to Tea!


I am having...

A cup of peppermint tea.  It is lukewarm - but somehow it is o.k. today.  I don't feel like having anything hot and I don't much enjoy cold drinks unless it is a hot day...which it is not.

I am feeling...

Sore and tired and done for the day.  The house is clean, dinner is prepared, laundry done.  The only thing left to do is pick strawberries.  But I don't want to do it.  Thank you Lord for the strawberries. Thank you Lord for the wonderful harvest.  Thank you Lord that the deer are being fed somewhere else and not eating our few rows.  Thank you Lord for sending customers.  Please give me the strength to go pick the harvest.

On my mind...
The chaos and pain in so many lives around me.  I pray that they would find strength in our only refuge.

Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard? that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.  He giveth power to the faint, and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

Isaiah 40: 28-29

An invitation...

Would you like some strawberries?  We have plenty!









All images from google - my camera broke ~ again.  This seems to be the story of my life, brokenness all around me. But God is good.  God is always good.


Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhh strawberries! It would be a refreshing activity to pick strawberries. How delightful it would be to visit your farm, Laura, to have tea with you, and to talk about the goodness of God through thick and thin. Hubby and I have been longing for such break, to do something different from what we've been doing for many years ;-) For now, I'll just imagine that...
    My heart is already blessed to have visited your site and read your beautiful thoughts.
    I pray you have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You raised deer?I haven't seen a deer in my living surroundings, are they lovely? Wow, I love your strawberry, if you have time to China, will you bring some for me? Ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huang Hui~ NO. We do not raise deer. They live wild in the forest near our farm, but we don't live on the farm. So the deer think that we just plant all the food for them to eat. The Lord has been good to me though. I prayed that He would feed the deer in some other place and he has, because they have not come to eat our strawberries. Praise God! I would LOVE to visit China someday.

    And of course I would love to sit with you dear Ruth in Thailand, in your little garden in the city...or here in my tiny apartment in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I think I will copy/paste your verses on a friend's fb ~ or better yet, snail-mail her a card. They will bury their infant son's body tomorrow. Praise the Lord for His strength and grace ~ in the midst of our tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love strawberries! I wish I could come and pick some. I understand about all the brokeness around you. I have so many in my family who live in chaos. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smell of strawberries is what summer is all about. Strawberries bought in winter (like it is right now) don't have that wonderful smell or taste. I love strawberries and would like to make some jam this year if I can find them cheap enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberries are wonderful! They are my favorite fruit!

    You sounded a bit discouraged in this tea time. I pray that you are feeling better, but I can understand frustration. Some days, we just don't feel like "doing any more," yet the Lord always has other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry your camera broke again. Your strawberries made me want to tell you that we picked the first tomato from Joseph's garden yesterday :-). It was small, but it was ripe and I am proud of him for growing it. I hope you enjoy your strawberries. Remind me of how much I should enjoy our tomatoes when we have them coming out of our ears lol.

    Love you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...