June 03, 2011

Weekend Daybook


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Friday, June 3, 2011
Outside our window...

Bright, yellow, warm, lemony, beaming, sunshine! YEAH!
I am thankful for...

This day! God's mercies are new every morning!

I am learning...

The rewards and gifts that God gives far outweigh anything he requires of us.  Be ye holy as I am holy, he says...Take up your cross and follow me...Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice...All of this can sound so scary, so heavy, so hard.  It is hard, but the REWARDS people.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good!"

From the kitchen...

All things easy peasy.  Monday was a holiday here in the states.  I spent the whole afternoon cooking.  It wasn't planned, but the house was clean and I didn't feel like doing anything else so I thought I would make a couple batches of meatballs.  That turned into, "Well, I might as well put together a quiche since the oven is on." By the end of the day, I had made four dozen pecan pie muffins, two trays of meatballs, a quiche, a big pot of beans, a big pot of rice, and a tri-tip roast. All week it has been so easy just to warm things up or make an easy meal from the "fixin's."  What a blessing! I might turn this into a habit.
I am wearing...



A light cotton tee with a denim skirt and sandals.  I have my enormous sun bonnet and boots by the door to take with me to the farm this afternoon.
I am creating...


A routine with my children for the summer.  It goes a little like this: Get up, do chores, eat breakfast, Bible study, Read-alouds, Math, Break for lunch, afternoon ~ as God leads.  Yesterday, we invited a friend over  for scripture memory and hymns instead of math.  But still, all our "work" was done before lunch.  Makes for a great day with a lot more accomplished. 

I am going...

To the farm this afternoon where we will:  pull weeds, take walks, pull weeds, enjoy the blue sky, pull weeds, get a tan and pull weeds. 

I am remembering...
My family in California...my aunties, my uncles, my cousins, my grandma, my mother and step-father, my sisters and their husbands, my nieces, my nephews. I wish for a family reunion!

I am reading...

1 Peter from the Bible every day. (it is Sophia's Bible Bee book that she has to memorize), The life of David Livingstone, (Noah loves the adventures in Africa, especially the fight with the lion) and Rose Cottage (sweet story about some mice that "watch over" some children named Arthur and Lucy)
I am hoping...

To find a couple nice tops for some A D O R A B L E skirts I received from a friend.

I am hearing...

The cheers of the children outside.  Noah can now ride a two-wheeler bike and it is very exciting.

Around the house...

All is spotless as we are about to walk out the door to the farm.  Sunshine diamonds are hanging on the trees outside.  Maybe we will cut some branches to bring into the house.
One of my favorite things...
My husband's heavy hand on my knee when we are driving in the car together.  I belong to him.
A few plans for the weekend:
 
Didn't I tell ya?  Mr. Santos has to work overtime so it is up to the children and me to tend to the farm and it's berries.  We will be pulling weeds till they decide it isn't worth the trouble to come up anymore.
 
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

 The big hat I wear at the farm.  It's on a little crooked...that would be me though...always a little off in the fashion department.
The beautiful blue sky the Lord has blessed us with today...not a cloud in sight. 


6 comments:

  1. So lovely. I envy (in a good way) that you are blessed with such a large extended family. One of God's many gifts.
    My favorite part of your post:

    One of my favorite things...
    My husband's heavy hand on my knee when we are driving in the car together. I belong to him.

    I feel this way too about my heavy-handed husband as we drive along in the car. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost feel the sun on my face after reading you blog.

    I love cooking up a few meals on the weekend as it makes the weeks evening meals so much easier. Today I made pizza bases, two for tonight's dinner plus some to freeze to uses late. I also made a chocolate slice for my son. Tomorrow I am making a big beef and red wine casserole (to freeze) and a chicken pie filling (I will do the pastry when we eat the pie). While they are cooking I will make the weeks bread. It is best to make the bread when the kitchen is nice and warm.

    I always love spending time cooking, it feels so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for a family reunion. Let's plan one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You did a lot of cooking. Whew! I hope you got finished pulling those weeds and I hope you all got nice tans:) Enjoyed your post, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Santos,

    What lovely daybook thoughts!

    Your cooking spree sounded very exciting, but tiring. I think if I had made all those goodies, I would have been quite fatigued from the experience. However, I am glad that you had fun with it.

    I liked reading about your "favorite thing." :) What a wonderful yet romantic thing to say about your husband. I couldn't help but smile. :)

    Hummm . . . Sounds like you are going weed pulling crazy! Too bad I could give them a few squirts of my weed killing potion. However, they better watch out, just to be on the safe side. :)

    Anyway, I am making a "book" again with my comments. Sigh! I think I shall NEVER learn the art of being brief.

    Take care dear friend, and oh, you'll need to model those new skirts that you received from your friend. I'd LOVE to see them. :)

    Friends,

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's A LOT of cooking to get done in one day, good for you!

    And the picture of you was *adorable*. (o:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...