June 20, 2011

Summer Day

Is it ok to have a day like this? Am I going to wake up tomorrow and find out there were a thousand things I was supposed to do and forgot?

Woke at a reasonable hour ~ as in, when I was ready to get up and not any sooner.

Cleaned the house.

Ate breakfast of yogurt and granola and read my Bible.

Then listened to a "bible study on tape" while the children and I put together a puzzle.

Lunch was grilled ham and cheese

Later took a leisurely drive to the farm where we picked some strawberries.  Left the weeds to themselves. They seem to like it out there and today I just didn't feel like disturbing them.

Came home to enjoy some pineapple coconut sorbet and

Work on the Bible Bee for a bit.

Put some leftover pilaf, steak bites and beans in a pot with some water and seasoning for soup.  Served it with corn chips. A warm, and satisfying meal to offer my man.

and now we are going to watch the conclusion of the movie "Moses" with Ben Kingsley.

I'm living a life of leisure today

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaah, nice day I think. It's good for body and mind (and the rest of our family) for us to have these kind of days :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...