June 12, 2011

He holds me closely to his side

I woke this morning heavy laden. My head was pounding from a head cold, but that wasn't my problem.  It was the false accusations I've been enduring lately.  It was the attacks on my character.  It was the anger at the injustice of the "wicked" spreading themselves out like a big tree with their prideful ways.

Lord! It is not true! It is not fair!

Then I hear a still small voice speak to my heart: "The Lord shall  fight for you and you will hold your peace." Ex 14:14
I stop clenching my fists and relax. It takes a while, but finally I submit to the Lord, trusting that He will take care of me.  Again, a still small voice "For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God, endure grief, suffering wrongfully, for what glory is it, if, when you are buffeted for your faults you take it patiently? but if, when you do well and suffer for it, you take it patiently, this is acceptable to God."

I sigh deeply.  The pressure in my body releases a bit.  His kind voice speaks to me again. "For, Laura, even hereunto were you called." 1Peter 2:19-21

I yield, "Yes, Lord."

Still sick and congested, I get up to get into the shower.  I am glad to follow my Lord, but I feel so lonely at times.  Quick, unwanted thoughts enter my mind...I miss romance, a kiss, a hug, affection...the longing leaves an ache in my heart.

Maybe I just need a vacation.  Perhaps I will take my daughter shopping today.  No.

I remember that God is my expectation.  I am the bride of Christ and one day I will stand before him with every desire on earth fulfilled.  "For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fullness dwell."

I am reminded that the way I live tells what I truly believe.  Do I truly believe that in Christ all fullness dwells? Or, do I believe that the things of this world will satisfy me more?

The warm water runs and I am thankful for such a luxury ~ a long, warm shower.

Then, the lover of my soul speaks to my heart again.  A song He sings me.  I haven't heard the song for quite some time.  It comforts me like nothing else so far this morning.  I begin to sing with Him and I sense the oneness between us "me abiding in Him and Him abiding in me."

He will be my guide, hold me closely to His side.  I smile, I am loved and cared for.  O taste and see that the Lord is good!  Here is the song that still sings in my heart today.  I hope it blesses you for God so loved the WORLD (that includes you) that he gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! It is *so hard* when we are falsely accused but your attitude and reaction to it is Biblical. {{{Gentle Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and thought provoking post Laura. I thank God for you and your willingness to share.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...