June 16, 2011

Do you have your tea?


I am having...

A cup of hot water with lemon and raw honey.  It is soothing on my sore throat.
I am feeling...

A sense of urgency.  To watch, to be ready, to be sober, in order to be able to stand.

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.  Ephesians 5:15

But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.  1Peter 4:7

On my mind...

How wonderful it is to be disillusioned!

Definition of illusion

~ noun

1. something that deceives by producing a false or misleading impression of reality.
2. the state or condition of being deceived; misapprehension.

Definition of disillusioned 

~ noun


2. a freeing or a being freed from illusion or conviction; disenchantment

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

A quote to share...

"God wants us disillusioned about our spouse, our job, our children.  Can I shock you enough to say that God wants us disillusioned about himself? It's true.  How many Christians really know God as He really is?

Some people believe God is hard, harsh, legalistic, full of rules rules rules.  God says "That's not me. I want you disillusioned about that."

Some people think God is some fairy-god mother in the sky, or magic genie, like santa clause or the tooth fairy.  God says,  "I want you disillusioned about that, that's not me."

Some people think God is the cross, pain, suffering, suffering and suffering.  Some think that with God you will never have any pain, no sorrow, no sadness.  God says, "That's not me. I want you disillusioned about that."

God wants us disillusioned so that we can know him as he really is and love him as he is."

~ Janice McBride, Dealing with disappointment (3tape series)

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1Cor 13:12



Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos, thanks for the insightful post. I never thought of the word "disillusioned" in that way. I like the idea of being freed from illusion. We always talk about reality, when in reality, we see in illusion. (I hope that makes sense!)

    May our eyes be opened!!

    Blessings on your evening and weekend,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura. Love you. And all your posts. I should comment more... :/. Love reading them and knowing where you're at in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laura! This post disillusioned me of the word "disillusion". I thought it's a double negative. But then, yeah, double negative is equal to positive. It's good to be disillusioned, haha! It reminds me of the book "Lies Women Believe". There are so many things wethink are true but no basis of truth. We really need to go back to the Word to correct our worldview. We gather so much trash that we need to always be cleaning and sorting our life every now and then.

    the picture in your post made me smile. Such a pretty image of tea-ing.

    My son used to make me hot lemon tea with real honey. I miss the guy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your throat feels better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...