June 24, 2011

Weekend Daybook


(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Friday, June 24, 2011
Outside our window...

Naomi is sitting on the walkway in front of the door painting - painting rocks, her face, her brother's face (indian war markings), some old toys.


I am thankful for...

The food we eat.  It is so easy to take it for granted.  God is good.

I am learning...

that saying "Thy will be done" is what being a Christian is all about.  Though he slay me, yet will I trust Him.

From the kitchen...

I made some bread and cinnamon rolls early this week.  We finished the last loaf today.  I didn't put in enough flour so the loaves were very "airy".  The cinnamon rolls were yummy even though they were made out of the same dough.  But maybe it was the butter cream frosting they were smothered in...ya think?

I am wearing...



My farming clothes ~ A faded long skirt with a cotton tee and soft capri's underneath.  In this way, if I need to gather a big pile of weeds or berries I can just fill up my skirt and walk on...no need to get the wheelbarrow...and I still look like a "lady" with a hoe in my hand.

I am creating...


Not much. But I am memorizing a lot lately...so maybe I could say I'm 'creating' a memory full of Bible verses. 

I am going...

to flirt with Mr. Santos today...see if I can get that man to crack a smile.  Maybe I should get a babysitter too. (wink) 

I am remembering...

When my children were short, fat and edible...now they are tall, skinny, smart, capable kids...oh good they are still kids, still young and needing their momma.  Whew.  They just look big.  Childhood zooms by so fast.
I am reading...

1 Peter from the Bible every day.  It's amazing how the Bible feeds your soul when you meditate on it day and night.  Do you do this?  Or do you read it just to check it off your list?

I am hoping...

to see my family laugh this weekend.  It has been a while since we have laughed together...


Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them. Psalm 126:2

I am hearing...

 funny voices and accents from the children as their stuffed animals are getting involved in all sorts of adventures.

Around the house...

the scent of a burning candle called "ocean flower" and a beautiful boquet of pink peonies in a wide mouth mason jar.  (thank you Nancy)
   
One of my favorite things...

FLOWERS!

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?  Matthew 7:11

A few plans for the weekend:
Grocery shopping and laughing.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


"Farming" - but I usually have my boots on...must've been hot when this picture was taken.  That's me last year, but if you took a shot of me this year, it would look the same. LOL

Our strawberry field last year...this year the plants are more abundant but the berries are smaller.  Hmm.  There's so much to learn!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your update. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a good Daybook just *full* of good things! I especially liked:

    I am creating...

    Not much. But I am memorizing a lot lately...so maybe I could say I'm 'creating' a memory full of Bible verses.


    That's the BEST kind of creating, if you ask me! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've missed coming over for visits here! Love your sweet thoughts.

    About the berries, did you fertilize them last August?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...