May 25, 2011

Tea Time for Mother's


Please join my friend Ruth and others for Tea Time


I am having...

 Peppermint Tea before I go to bed.
I am feeling...

Tired and happy.  I made some progress with my middle skittle in school today and I am so thankful to the Lord.  We have struggled together in this homeschool journey.  Getting her to do work or learn anything new has been like pulling teeth ~ painful for both of us.  But Today ~ YES ~ we made some real progress and I am so happy.

On my mind...

The many many people I know with health challenges.  How vulnerable even the strongest and richest people are when they are sick or in pain.  Yet, God is our helper in time of trouble.

Some photos to share...
I recently hosted a Mother's Tea Party.  It was a very special day for me as I really wanted to minister to the mothers and share my life with them.  God provided for every detail, even giving us sunshine in the midst of a grey Spring.

We listened to an edifying message by Janice McBride called "Healing Jesus' Body".  It was based on 1 Corinthians 12 and mainly "That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.  And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular." vs 25-27

The message was followed by a yummy fresh lunch.  What a special treat. Even though I was the hostess, so many people contributed to the day.  The tea was held at a friends house, My dear Mrs. F., and the food (most of it) was provided by my generous husband.  And way far away (too far to attend) my thoughtful mother sent contributions so that I could make sure the Tea was extra special for each mother there.
 
 The table where at least 10 ladies sat. If you click on the photo you may see me in the background putting the finishing touches on some of the dishes.

 The dessert table. Chocolates, banana cakes, apple strudel, fruit tart, cream puffs


 This is the tea and coffee sideboard.  We drank Empress Tea from Victoria, Canada.

 Some of the food...fresh veggies, meats, cheeses, fruit, sandwiches
 Missing from this picture are the warm scones, hot meatballs, delicious ham and cheese bread, and spicy jalapeno poppers.

 We took a great group photo on that stair case.

A view from the stairs.  Through those wonderful glass doors we could see the diamonds on the water and watch the ferry float by.
 
I thank the Lord for such a wonderful time to share with some very special women.  I only wish you could have been there too.

9 comments:

  1. So very lovely! This is a cheerful post on such a gray day here! Well done! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing joins friends like a cup of tea. What a beautiful gathering you must have had. The photos are beautiful. Good bless you in your homeschool work and I know Jesus will always walk with you.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wish I could've been there. What a blessing you were to these mothers for hosting this. I really enjoyed your pictures... what yummy looking food.

    I can relate to your adventures with homeschooling your middle skittle. My little one is very bright and many things come easy for her in school work. So...I bumped her up a grade level and added some other supplements so she would be challenged. She doesn't like to be challenged though. Really enjoyed your post! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your Mother's Tea Party was something special! I loved looking at the photos you posted.

    Keep plugging away with that middle one! I've been there as well, and know the struggles. God will give grace, and He will bless as you keep on with the journey.

    Have a great week and weekend!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table and a beautiful home. I'm glad that you made some progress with your daughter...small victories. Daughters are not always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Laura! what a lovely treat you put together for the mothers! I'm sure their hearts were blessed and Father was glorified. How beautiful all the things you showed in the photos. I enjoyed this post so much. I can imagine how edifying it is for everyone. I wish I was there :-)

    Thank you for sharing this here @ Tea Talk. Sorry, I'm a bit late here. Been really busy finishing one last module.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it all looked so beautiful and the food delicious -you certainly did a wonderful job hosting this get-to-gather. Well done.

    What a beautiful room to hold the gathering in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs. Santos,

    Oh, what a beautiful setting for the Mother's Tea! Everything looked so lovely, and I'm sure all the food was simply delicious! Your friend, Mrs. F, sure does have quite a fancy home.

    Thank you for sharing these photos with us. It sounds like the tea was a big success! :)

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I was there. It all looks so yummy and lovely.
    Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...