May 19, 2011

Tea Time Again!

Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

I am having...

A cup of jasmine tea, as always.
I am feeling...
Many things. Glad that it is a warm and sunshiny day.  Convicted by some things the Lord has been showing me lately.  Willing to obey my God. Conflicted because it means giving up my own desires.
On my mind...

Is how easy it is to put my trust in things other than GOD.  I think my good choices will bring change.  I think the miracles of God will bring change.  I put my hope in this.  But this is wrong...especially when my hope is in myself.  I cringe and shake my head at how easy it is for me to put myself on a pedestal.
Besides all that, Pharoah saw the works of God, the pharisees saw the miracles of Jesus,  yet they hardened their heart. They would not believe.

"My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus Christ, his righteousness."

On a lighter note...

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor thy father and thy mother," she asked "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?"
 Without missing a beat one little boy answered, "Thou shall not kill."



A little fairy house Naomi built with a moat and bridge.  She is hopeful for a renter to come soon.  Perhaps a small mouse...

My favorite tree at the farm.  It dances in the breeze and sparkles in the light.

The children built forts this morning.

But they still prefer being together in one fort.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, kids are so funny! Thou shalt not kill!! Precious...

    Love the photos - what a beautiful tree - standing bright and proud. And I love the forts.... and that in the end they're all together in one. Adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children's forts remind me of when my children were younger. Such wonderful times and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place the farm is, looks so pretty. My sons u to loe building forts, great activity for children.

    What a pity we can't share a Jasmime tea together! I just finished mine. It's the only tea I drink:)

    I love the story about the 10 commandments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed to be surrounded by this beautiful view. How lovely it is to be so close to nature and to freely enjoy fresh air and lots of space. Your family is blessed to enjoy all these.

    I loved the forts and the fact that the kids want to be together in one fort.

    Your little anecdote made me laugh.

    Thanks, Laura, for sharing your time with us # Tea Talk.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Santos,

    I think that we all struggle with putting our faith in God and not in things. I suppose it's our silly human nature.

    Oh my, I LOVED that little boys response in regards to the 10 commandments. LOL! Well, he does make a good point, tee hee. :)

    Your children are surely creative. Thank you for sharing the pictures of their forts.

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely blog:)nice pics:)
    http://livelifewithluv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...