May 10, 2011

Random

I have many packages of flower seeds to plant.  If I don't plant them, I will always have my seeds.  But I will never have any flowers.  What do I want more? Seeds or flowers? 

What about my life?  What do I want more? My rights Or the fruit of the spirit? 


Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.   He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.  John 12:25


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Galations 5:22-24 




This would be the view you would get from me 70 percent of the day.  Either at the stove cooking, or at the sink washing dishes.  Thank you Lord for food to eat.  Thank you Lord for indoor plumbing and soap to wash my dishes.  Thank you Lord for pretty dishes that match and for a job with great benefits.

Some of the last flowers from my front yard sitting on my picnic table in the BACK yard.

Our Spring Garden.  This year I am determined to take care of it well.  No jungle this year.  So far, onions, garlic, strawberries, raspberries, potatoes, zinnias, daisies and tomatoes.  We have room for a little more, but haven't decided what we will plant yet.

My children found these spare bulbs on the farm and the pot in the manure pile.  They planted them and miracle of miracles they bloomed ON Mother's day.  What a treat to wake up to them.

Mr. Santos always coming home to a warm welcome.



We put Psalm 23 to music and the children sang it at church on Mother's Day.  You'll have to excuse their stone robot faces.  It's not easy to sing in front of a congregation.  They did not even notice me making funny faces at them hoping for a smile.  Do you want to memorize scripture?  Try putting it to a tune.  Sometimes the song gets stuck in your head and the words really minister to your soul.


How's that for Random?

5 comments:

  1. Mrs. Santos,

    Your random post was great. You shared many interesting thoughts with us today.

    I love the flowers from you garden, how lovely. You are truly blessed to be able to have a garden and a place to plant some edible food. Our backyard is TOO small for such ventures!

    I had to LOL when I saw the "warm welcome" that Mr. Santos received from his son, Noah. Mr. Santos looks a little surprised, too. Ha! :)

    Blessings,

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "warm welcome" for Mr. Santos was funny.:) And, what a nice treat to see on Mother's day! I very much enjoyed your randomness(is that a word?). Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say, that we really enjoyed listening to them sing on Sunday! It was truly a blessing… and was nice to hear for a second time, too. ;D
    Love, Tarra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Wishing you a wonderful day! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful is the singing at the end. Thank you so much for sharing it. Also for reminding me to be thankful for those things I take for granted. Our lives would be so much more difficult without them. Love the flowers. Flowers equal joy and beauty.

    Love your random thoughts,

    God bless

    Have a wonderful weekend

    Hugs. Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...