April 10, 2011

Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Sunday, April 10th, 2011
Outside my window...

A large stone with big cracks and holes.  Noah has been playing "stone mason" with his chisel and hammer.
I am thankful for...

the return of my internet connection and all that I learned during the two weeks of being "unplugged"
I am learning...

That there is a spiritual foundation to every surface need.

God never stops helping us to grow.  He who began a good work in us will be faithful to complete it.

From the kitchen...

Juicy orange slices, sweet cantaloupe, and chicken tacos.  What an abundance!  God is so good to give us so much food to eat.  Come over and let us share with you.
I am wearing...

my coat in the house.  It is COLD, but it is also mid-April, so we don't turn the heater on like we used to. Brr.
I am creating...

a Bible study from all that I am learning from the book of Revelation.  What a wonderful time I am having. 

"Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein for the time is at hand."  Revelation 1:3

I am going...

to continue to limit my internet use.  I don't want to miss so much "real life."
I am remembering...

Resurrection Sunday is almost here.  He is risen!  He is risen indeed!

I am reading...

Some biographies with the children.  We just finished Gladys Aylward.  I had read it before, but it was so good to re-read it.  All the things those dear Chinese Christians suffered for their faith!  I was ashamed of how little I will put up with at times.  Yet, look at Jesus.  For the joy that was set before him, He endured the cross.
I am hoping...

My sister has a beautiful wedding.  Of course she will.  Only, I won't be there to enjoy it.

I am hearing...

The children playing with clay at the table, the teapot whistling, "Sophia, turn off the stove!" and Mr. Santos calling me to help with a chore.  I better skedaddle.
Around the house...

The signs of a restful Sunday afternoon...shoes scattered, pillows and blankets on the sofa, and snacky foods out for grabbing.
One of my favorite things...

sunshine
A few plans for the rest of the week:

School.  A visit with a friend.  Order some lesson books from Keeper of the Faith.  Thank you Lord, for this abundant life I live!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
(actually, a few)

 The remnants of a yummy fruit tart The Times enjoyed in celebration of our 13th wedding anniversary.

 Not one...
but TWO bouquets of flowers from Mr. Santos.  Would you believe it has been over 10 years since the man has given me flowers?  These made me VERY happy.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. 13 years! Praise God. So happy for you Laura. What a peaceful loving post. Love you so much. We will visit as soon as we can. Mike said. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    I'm glad to "see" you back in the Blogsphere.:)

    Your Daybook thoughts were quite revealing today. I'm sorry that you won't be able to attend your sister's wedding. Maybe she can send you some pictures.

    Your tart looked good with all the fruit on top. That was sweet of Mr. Santos to give you you two bouquets of flowers. It's always nice when I receive flowers from my husband. He bought me some orange tulips about a week ago "just because."

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flowers in the tea pot. Thank you for the comment about the wedding. I wish you were going to be here too.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled to have you back! What beautiful flowers, your husband chose very pretty flowers. Thank you for sharing your day, I always enjoy reading about your activities.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are back! I know after taking blog breaks it helps to put blogging back in it's proper place in my life. Unfortunately it seems to be *so easy* for it to get out of whack again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...