March 09, 2011

Soul Talk


My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.  Psalm 62:5

~oOo~

When I am lonely, You, O God, are my expectation. I will wait upon you. Thank you for being intimately acquainted with all my ways. You are a True Friend.

When it's not working out, I will wait upon you, Lord.  You are my expectation. Maybe it's not supposed to work out? I will trust you. Should I keep trying? Should I give it up?  I trust that you will make it clear.

When I want new clothes or furniture I will wait upon you, God. Thank you for providing for all my needs. 

When I am tired my expectation is from you.  You will give me the strength to do your will.  I know that your strength is made perfect in weakness.

When it hurts I wait thou only upon you.  Help me Lord to remember that you are right here with me. I offer my body as a living sacrifice which is my reasonable service. 

When I am glad you are my expectation.  Lord, You make me glad! You are so good, I love to sing your praises. Thank you!

When it feels like it will never end I wait upon you.  It will end. My life is as a vapor and nothing compares to the glory that awaits me when I am at home with you.

When it all seems to be falling apart my expectation is from you.  Perhaps it is really falling into place?  Thank you Lord, that you work all things together for my good.

When it is so loud and busy I wait upon you.  Even in the noise and activity I can be still and know that you are God.  You hold it all together.  You still the wind and the waves and quiet my soul.

~oOo~

My soul, wait thou only upon God.  Don't wait for the things, the person, the gifts.  Don't wait for the quiet, the relief, the sleep.  God is your expectation.  He is all and in all and wants to fill you with His Fullness.  It is worth waiting for. 

... know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.  Ephesians 3:19 

6 comments:

  1. SO incredibly comforting and such a needed reminder in our ever increasingly impatient world.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting...a tough thing for me to learn.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so lovely - it is similar to the one I am posting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Encouraging post. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And so timely as I wait...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "When it hurts I wait thou only upon you. Help me Lord to remember that you are right here with me. I offer my body as a living sacrifice which is my reasonable service."

    This is my prayer as well! I have been battling back problems for the last 5 months and the pain sometimes prevents me from my calling as a keeper at home. At times it can be so frustrating because I want to be up and serving my family but physically am unable to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...