March 04, 2011

Growing Sweet Peace

Once upon a time, in the soil of a girls heart, a seed was planted.  What sort of plant would this be?  What kind of fruit would it yield?  The seed opened up and started to take root.  For a long time the roots went down, down, down ~ deep into her heart.  It was the girls thoughts and habits that fed the seed all that it needed in order to grow strong.

One day, after the roots had spread deep and wide, a small blade popped up in this beautiful heart.  It seemed like breaking the surface imparted energy to the plant.  It grew and grew.  At the first, it was straight and tall and strong.  Buds began to form on its branches and there promised to be much fruit.

~oOo~

What if this is your story?  A seed has been planted in your heart and all your thoughts and habits have fed the little plant.  It has taken root and is bearing fruit.

How would the story end?

And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. James 3:18

Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God;  lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Hebrews 12:15


~oOo~

I've heard it said once that "A bitter person is like a porcupine: She may have a lot of good points, but you can't get near her."

I like this quote because sometimes we don't recognize bitterness in our life.  But we can tell by our relationships.  What do the people in my life gain by knowing me?

Joy?  Help?  Encouragement?

or is it Pain? Worry?  Heavy Burdens?

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Matthew 7:16-18 

~oOo~

I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5

5 comments:

  1. So very beautiful, Scriptural and important!

    God bless you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    "What do people in my life gain by knowing me?"

    That's a good question, and one I don't think I have given much thought too, but I will now.

    This was a very good story. I enjoyed reading it, and gleaned much information from it.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Andrea and Lady Rose for your kind comments.

    Lady Rose~ you made me think of one thing that I may have missed ~ That looking at our own lives helps us see any traces of bitterness but that a transformed life comes when we are looking at Jesus. Hebrews 12:1-2.

    Hope you both are well. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post! This is encouraging to me to make sure my thoughts and actions are producing good fruit for myself, my family and others to partake of. Praise the Lord we have a renewed life in Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You so often have wise words on your blog, I love to visit and find out your latest wise words as they are often needed - thank-you so much.

    Bitterness can cause so much pain and unhappiness to others - it is so important to get rid of it.

    Blessings for the coming week:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...