March 20, 2011

Don't need to know everything.

I just love to go to church.  "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord." Psalm 122:1  I love the hymns we sing.  I love the young people playing their violins and cellos.  I love the sound of the piano during "meditation."

And then to be TAUGHT.  It is such a privelege, such a delight, such a FEAST.  I sometimes think of my brothers and sisters in Christ who have to hide to worship ~ Fearing real persecution perhaps even death.  Thank you, Lord, for the freedom I have to worship you!

Today, we were studying in Revelation, the section where the Son of God, with eyes as fire and feet as brass, (I love that part) is talking to the church of Thyatira.

The pastor made many points - but one point that stuck with me was on how easy it is to be deceived.  Sometimes we want the WHOLE picture before we will obey God.  How's it all gonna turn out?  Will I be o.k.? Will I be blessed?  Will I suffer? and how much?  Will it be worth it?

God gives us a command and we have a choice.  We are either for God or against Him. 

Adam and Eve did not know what death was when they were given the command.  "Do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil or thou shalt surely die."  They didn't know what death was because nothing had yet died. 

They did not know the big picture.  But they understood the command.  "Do not eat." 

Food for thought, on this happy day.

2 comments:

  1. Very true!

    It brings to mind something I've heard a preacher describe....A miner's hat with the light that shines from it. Miners can only see a certain distance where their light is shining. In order to see more they had to move forward and more light would be shined before them. God will not give us 'more light' until we obey the light He's already given us.

    And as you said sometimes we never know or understand, then we're just to obey.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. And yes, we are either with God or against Him, there is no middle ground.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...