March 13, 2011

Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Sunday, March 13, 2010
Outside my window...

Grey Drizzly day ~ but everything is in order.  No chaos, no debris, no flooding nor fire, nor fear.

I am thankful for...

Safety. Everything.  Oh how my heart breaks for Japan!

I am learning...

That there is a difference between living by principles and living a life of loving forgiveness. 
It is easy to look good on the outside and be bitter on the inside.
From the kitchen...

The smell of pancakes we ate for breakfast with honey butter and green tea.
I am wearing...

My "uniform."  A black and white dress that I seem to wear ALL the time. It is warm and easy to put on.  It also goes well with a pair of cozy black tights.  I think my family would like to see me wear something else.  When the weather warms up...
I am creating...

a few "tunes" to some scripture.  We just came up with a great tune for the entire Psalm 23.  A gift from God, really.  Been humming it for a few days now.  If anyone reading this would like a copy of our families CD recording of scripture songs, we would be happy to send you a copy ~ free ~ just e-mail me your address.
I am going...

to listen to Adrian Rogers preach this morning.  We missed church today.  The children enjoy his preaching  because he speaks so clearly and simply.

I am remembering...

The people of Japan.  It makes my little inconveniences and striving seem so trivial.  And they are aren't they?  In the light of eternity?  In the light of such suffering?  I pray that through this devastation, somehow, people would turn to God and find Him.  The end is near.

I am reading...
among other things, The Gerson Therapy.  Such a good book.  It is confirming so many things I've learned and offering natural solutions to our main health problems ~ deficiency and toxicity.

I am hoping...

to go to California this Spring.

I am hearing...

Quiet.  Little Naomi is braiding her doll's hair and the rest of the family has gone out on an errand.

Around the house...

Everything is in order.  How quickly that order can be turned to chaos. We have had constant conversation about the suddenness of earthquakes.

Proverbs 27:1 Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
One of my favorite things...

how my sweet girl gets so involved in little tasks ~ embroidery, organizing her play things, braiding her doll's hair.  I bet she would enjoy knitting. Perhaps, we can learn together.
A few plans for the rest of the week:

A visit with a special lady, organize my closet, a wedding reception.  I promise to wear a different dress for the reception.  Maybe even something in *GASP* a pastel? pink?

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Last year, at this time we were busy selling flowers.   This year, the blooms are not out yet.
So much of farming is waiting on the Lord and His timing.

5 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog but am planning to visit again. :o) I loved this quote from your daybook.

    "That there is a difference between living by principles and living a life of loving forgiveness.
    It is easy to look good on the outside and be bitter on the inside."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Can't wait to see you guys!!!! Virgin airlines have cheap flights to SFO. Consider them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Santos,

    The picture of you and your children is beautiful! :)

    The devistation happening in Japan breaks my heart too. I don't even like to think about it too much because it gets me upset. It also makes me wonder what I would do if I was in a situation like that. Would/Could I rely soley upon my Lord, or would I just simply panic?

    At any rate, nice daybook reflections. I look forward to receiving my copy of the scripture cd in the mail. :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo of you and your children (I don't see a black/white dress!) I didn't know you grew flowers to sell - lovely!

    I appreciate your thoughts on Japan ~ so much need to keep eternity in mind, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the photo at the end of this piece - you all look some gorgeous among the daffodils.

    I feel so sad for all those people in Japan, one thing after another - in particular for the elderly. They have lost everything, including their friends, it must be so sad and will be very difficult to rebuilt considering their age. Like Lady Rose says - how would we cope in such a situation, I can't even think about it.

    Lovely to read about your day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...