February 25, 2011

It doesn't matter what he did.  It doesn't matter what he said.  Your long list of his faults and your suffering does not matter when you stand before God.

But, I was in pain!

But, I was offended!

But, it isn't fair!

What he did was wrong!

Don't you see? I am left with nothing! He took it all!

~Dear One, Beautiful Beloved~

God knows your pain.

He knows the injustice.  He can heal you, defend you, protect you, and provide for you.

Will you let Him?

As long as you take matters in your own hands, demanding your rights and judging your offender, you remain on the throne.  This is idolatry.  You are playing Ultimate Judge.  What good is your judgement?  What good does it bring

But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. James 3:14-18


Let God take care of you.

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Luke 6:35-36

2 comments:

  1. When I was growing up, my mother told us kids when we argued, to stop and read 1 Cor. 13. I learned to do that as a matter of habit after an argument. Newly married to a man whose parents fought daily in their children's presence, I was the recipient of my husband's inherited angry life. He was never physically abusive. He had that much self-control at least. But, when I would go to my Bible and begin reading, he would scoff at me. "Go read your Bible!" would be what he would say when he didn't want to hear me answer back. Painful words. Wasn't he also a Christian? Didn't he also want to read his Bible? Now, 30ish years later, he's not so quick to lash out at me. He never chides my reading. In fact, he does read some himself. This has been my experience, and when I read your verses after the feelings of anger and wanting to answer back, defending yourself, I thought of my mother's early instructions, my husband's angry reaction to that practice and how God has been with me through it all. I love the verses you have put down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon for your comments and your story. Over the years I have felt very alone in my marriage struggles. Thank God, in that loneliness, He was there to comfort and guide me...and you. God bless you good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...