February 17, 2011

Tea Time


Aren't these sweeties adorable? Did you have tea parties when you were young?
Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

I am having...

Ginger peach tea while I wait for Mr. Santos to come home for dinner.  Chicken soup is simmering on the stove.

I am feeling...

Cold.  Thankful.  Contemplative.
On my mind...

Sophia's first Spelling Bee, tomorrow.  I remember my first spelling bee.  I was nine years old.  I lost on the first word.  I don't remember the word, but it started with a CH and I said K.  Oh, how devastated I was.  All my dreams of spelling bee superstardom down the tubes.  I cried all the way home from school. 

I told Sophia, "no matter what, we are getting a treat afterwards, so lets just have fun!"
A quote to share...

You are either a mission field or a missionary.
~ J. McBride

3 comments:

  1. What a darling picture!! My best wishes to your daughter and her Spelling Bee!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your daughter do well in the Spelling Bee. I hated anything to do with spelling, it caused all sorts of fear and stress - I was (and still am) a poor speller and I think those tests just made it worse.

    Have a lovely weekend. The soup smells nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My children are very good with spelling. I wonder why I had a real hard time with spelling when I was young. I only memorized without understanding how letters were put together :-(

    I've been around your blog, browsing and enjoying the homey feel of it.

    By the way, your children's room is lovely. You don't need a curtain to hide those "neat clutters". It looks lovely as it is.

    I'm glad I can visit you even if I'm here in HK :-)

    Blessings to you Laura.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...