February 07, 2011

Glad to be home from a solitary place

If you have been around The Santos Times for a while, you may have noticed that the author is stubborn and it takes her a long time to learn her lessons.

This is not something I am proud of.  Nor, am I content to continue in this way.  I want to be a woman who learns QUICKLY.  Praise the Lord that He is changing me.

But learning is not enough...

Reading 2 Timothy, I was recently convicted of being a "silly woman," - ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.  The truth is I have been struggling with some 'same ole, same ole' sin in my life and not achieving victory. 

It hasn't been all bad.  I enjoy a wonderful relationship with a Great and Mighty God.  Gently and patiently, He has been chastising me and teaching me His ways.  I have been learning.  But that's where it has stopped.  I write in my journal, or on this blog the wonderful things I have learned and then I continue on in my own will, my own ways.

Day by day I have been living out Jeremiah 7:23-24

"But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.  But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.



Finally, tired of going backward, tired of not knowing which way to go.  I cried out to God.  I was ready to go forward to walk, not just look at, but walk in the ways that God has commanded.


 I packed up the children and got in the van and headed out to a Solitary place to seek the Lord.

Thank you Sophia for taking some pictures of our trip.

Pretty solitary, huh?  But God is with us wherever we are...even in the desert.

Our river view.

 
This was where the children slept.  My bed was across from theirs.


We ended up staying for nearly two weeks.
I learned a lot and I am applying what I learn and, as a consequence, learning even more.  What to do with all this stuff I'm learning?  Blog, of course.

So, I'll be back.  I am praying about what I should and shouldn't share.  I can't wait to catch up with all of YOUR blogs too.  I have missed you and your edifying influence in my life.

2 comments:

  1. We all struggle to learn, we are like children in many respects. I do something silly and wonder why I did it. I dont learnt quickly at all, but I am not alone with this problem.

    I will say something to my husband and regret it and promise myself that I won't do it again. Of course I do. The Lord has so much patiences and knows our weakness.

    Sometimes we do need to get away from the rat race to focus on God, the clutter all around us often means we can't hear His voice.

    Glad to have you back, love reading your blog.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back friend!! Thought and prayed for you much while you were away. Hope to get a calm day so that I can visit with you!

    I loved the pictures. I recocnize the ones on the highway. I take that route over to Couerd A'lane, WA where my mom's side of the family lives.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...