February 28, 2011

Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

The Last Day of February! Can you believe it? Why is it that time goes by so fast?

Outside my window...

Cold Fresh Air!

I am thankful for...

my mother and 3 sisters.  Another question for you.  How can five women be so alike and so different at the same time?

I am learning...

that perseverance encourages other people.  This has been inspiring for me.  MY perseverance can influence others.  Your perseverance influences me.

From the kitchen...

Beef stew in the crock pot.

I am wearing...

A grey, pleated dress.  I'm wearing it dressed "down" - with a black sweater, tights and clogs.  But it does dress Up well with heels, grey nylons and pearls.

I am creating...

a space in my shed for storing food.  I've been picking up an extra bag of beans or a few cans of this and that.  The cost of food keeps going up and up and I feel a need to prepare for "hard times"

I am going...

to do some visiting with friends.  The children and I are looking forward to a full week.

I am remembering...

That God sees me.  (Gen 16:13)  He is intimately acquainted with all my ways. (Psalm 139)  Not just the ways of everyone in the world, but MY ways...the hidden, the secret, the personal. 

I am reading...

Revelation (we are studying it in church), Cunning Workmen by Isabella Alden (with the children), and Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

I am hoping...


to learn more about PRACTICAL ways to respect my husband.  Just doing what he says doesn't always get the message across.  Maybe because there are times when even though I might be sitting down on the outside, on the inside I am standing up.  Lord, help me. Older women? Are you out there?  Will you teach me?

I am hearing...

Sophia read "Sugar Creek Gang" to her siblings ~ part of home school.

Around the house...

Piled up laundry and dishes.  Our Septic is awaiting repair so our water usage has been limited.  Thankfully, it will be done today and there will be no more restrictions.  Did I mention that I am thankful for water...for running water, for indoor plumbing?

One of my favorite things...

a long hot shower

A few plans for the rest of the week:

housework catch-up and visiting with friends.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

A slice of a yummy quiche I made the other day. 
Pour over a pie crust a mixture of:
shredded potatoe, chopped ham, shredded chedder/parmesan cheese, diced jalepenos and a few beaten eggs.
Delicious with a spicy kick.
 
Have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

  1. I've not heard of that Isabella Alden book, you'll have to let me know what you think of it. (o:

    I don't really have any 'older women' in my life either but I have found Susan Zakula's articles at Keepers of the Faith.com especially helpful. In the left sidebar she has 'Susan's Corner' and she has republished several articles that I have found VERY helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to create space in your shed for storing food. I have been slowly working on building up our pantry but before I get any further I need to re-organize it. Have a wonderful week! ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Santos,

    It seems that our brains must be connected today, for I also did a daybook for my current blog post. :)

    At any rate, you are smart to buy extra beans for food. Grocery prices DO keep going-up. I have noticed this even at Walmart, where the groceries are relatively "inexpensive."

    I'm glad today is the last day of February. It wasn't the best month for me, so I am hoping that March will be better.

    You'r studying Revelation? Yikes! That portion of the bible always scares me. Maybe you can share some of things you have learned in your bible story with us.

    At any rate, take care.

    -Lady Rose

    P.S. Sometime this week, I will email you my address so I can receive the scripture cd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy quiche! How long? Until golden brown I assume. Love you and miss you Laura. Wish you were closer or that we could just hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been having septic issues too??! :( That is sad... We have been too; it is a bum deal! We haven't been able to run any water for that last week! Isn't it wonderful that "God sees you/us" and that "He is intimately acquainted with all my/our ways"?!! Praise God that He is in control!

    We will be praying for you all.

    Love you,
    Tarra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trusting you will enjoy that long hot shower tomorrow =)

    Martha Peace and Elisabeth Elliot are two of my favorites for good advice in the theme of Titus 2.

    And the quiche does look/sound delish!

    Blessings to you ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blog you have here! I hope to visit again, God willing!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also buy a few extra cans of food, it's good to have some food stored in the pantry for those trough days. I also keep extra bags of rice and pasta + long life milk etc... You never know when you might need them.

    I am also reading the book by de moss and really enjoying it, makes you think about how to behave. I have just finished the on sin, no matter how small the sin is, it is still sin. Good to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...