February 08, 2011

Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Tuesday February 8, 2011

Outside my window...

It is dark.  The neighbors cars are in their driveways since it is the end of the day.  My tulips are starting to poke out in the flower bed...I can't wait to see some COLOR!

I am thankful for...

my shoes

I am learning...

about forgiveness and the sometimes severe consequences that naturally occur when we don't forgive.

From the kitchen...

Just finished enchiladas for dinner.  I will probably make a quiche for breakfast tomorrow. 

I am wearing...

my hair in a gibson tuck with a silver jewelled clip.  It's my new "fast hairdo"

I am creating...

a cover for our Scripture CD.  I don't know what I am doing and it is very hard. I might just give it up and send out our CD without a cover. 

I am going...

to finish filing our taxes this week.  What a job! Thank God for Turbo Tax.   

I am remembering...

That I need to follow up on my jury duty summons.  It seems that I am summoned twice a year.

I am reading...

the Psalms and Proverbs every day.  Today is the eighth, so in order to get through them all each month I have to read every 30th Psalm.  That means Psalm 8, 38, 68, 98, 128 and Proverbs 8.  Tomorrow I will read Psalm 9, 39, 69, 129 and Proverbs 9.  A friend recommended this "system" and it has been a great blessing.

I am hoping...

My Lifeforce order comes in the morning.  I stocked up on some VitaliC and I am looking forward to flooding my family with nutrition to keep the flu and all the other illnesses far from the Santos Times.

I am hearing...

"Adventures in Odyssey" playing on radio.

Around the house...

Dinner dishes to wash, Children listening to the radio while drawing, lamps lit and the smell of a "hazelnut cream" candle burning.

One of my favorite things...

fudge - coconut fudge - have you ever tried it? Mr. Santos brought some home a few days ago and it was DIVINE.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

computer work, menu plan, grocery shopping, taxes, Love my husband, Love my children, Keep my home, Listen to my friends, love my neighbor.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



Sophia took this picture of "Harry," the squirrel that visits our back door every morning and eats peanuts from Mr. Santos' hand.  He's pretty quick.  I think Sophia (age 9) is turning into quite a photographer.  In fact, I don't take pictures anymore...it's her job now.

6 comments:

  1. That's a great picture that your daughter took! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that picture of the squirrel. We don't have squirrels in Australia.

    What a busy week you are having. I have started to wear my hair up in a bun when I am at home as it keeps it out of my face and much cooler on hot days. DH likes it up. He is also pleased that I am growing it longer:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you friend, you seem content. Hopefully I will be able to visit next week. Hugs to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you mention enchiladas, I think I'm going to have some by and by :) It's worth the trip to the mall. I like this meme. It sounds so pretty and charming and just nice. Wish I could join one of these days.

    Thank you for your thoughts on my Tea Talk post. I appreciate it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness tulips!! We will not see them for a few more months. Right now the ground around my tulip bed is covered by about 5 feet of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Santos,

    I'm sorry it has taken me awhile to visit your lovely blog.

    I'm sorry that you keep getting jury summons, ugh! :( I hope that I don't get one of those because they are a hassel to dismiss.

    The Santos Family made their own scripture CD? Are you singing in this CD?

    I like the picture of the squirrel. I like his grey coat.

    I always enjoy reading your Daybook posts. I haven't done one in awhile. Oh, I like the picture that you use with the Daybook posts as well. Do you mind if I use this picture when I make my post?

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...