January 09, 2011

Winter Days

 Out for a drive to enjoy New Year's Day.  A view from the bridge we drove over.
 Some views from the trail we walked.

It was very COLD yet pleasant.

 The sunset driving home.  

~oOo~

This is another recent sunset from our front yard.  The day had been very dark with the lamps on all day.  But then the sky lit up with a spectacular display.  Isn't God good how He surprises us with beautiful gifts? 

 This is the view of the sky at the back of the house that same evening.
 The heavens declare the glory of God.
 Gently turning pink, then purple then black as the day ended.


I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:  That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.  Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.  Isaiah 45:5-8

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos - I particularly love the sunsets - I also like to take sunsets from my front yard.

    May you have a very blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post. That picture of you and your son, Noah is priceless. Gotta put that one in a frame. He looks like a little man. Your red coat is so pretty on you!!!! Using your crab and artichoke recipe tonight for Michael's fun football game night. The NFC championships. Forgot how special that yummy dip was until you reminded us on your NYEve post. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOO pretty!!! Thanks for sharing! I just love getting out and talking walks or taking the kids out to the barn on those kinds of days. Even though it's cold, it's such a gift to have gorgeous weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...