January 06, 2011

Tea Time


google image. On this wet grey day, I thought this would be a great place to have tea.
Wonder how that chandelier is hanging?
Please join my friend Ruth and others here for Tea Time

I am having...

Body Balance (aloe vera and sea vegetable drink) in a dainty blue and white tea cup.  It is my foundational nutrition.  So many people have been sick and I have been a bit tired and gloomy lately.  Was thinking it would be good to get some "reinforcements" in.
I am feeling...

Unmotivated, but I am trying to be faithful in the little things.  My list is not long these days and maybe that is making me feel a little lazy.  Perhaps I am not unmotivated...just relaxed. 

On my mind...

Mr. Santos.  I wonder if he thinks of me as often as I think of him?  Most likely not, LOL.  He's always been a man with a mission.  Perhaps I will make him some pumpkin cookies today.
A quote to share...(a few, rather)

Observe the obedience of Jesus to the Father. He did not give the commands, he obeyed them.



It was not for our understanding, but our will, that Christ came.



Sadly, there are those who would have us love Christ for protecting us from God, instead of leading us to God-the one home of safety. They imagine justice and love dwelling in eternal opposition in the bosom of eternal unity.


~ George MacDonald (1824-1905)
I thought that last quote was interesting and true.  Jesus didn't come to save us from God.  For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son.

8 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm having a late tea time and just posted my Tea Talk. :)

    I love that you are thinking of your husband--how sweet!

    And I like your quote--very thoughtful.

    Blessings to you,
    Christine, who thinks the chandelier is hanging from a tree...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very important to be faithful in the little things, too!

    I don't think men think about their wives as often as women think about their husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to join you for afternoon tea in the garden, but may I have a cup of Jasmine tea!!

    Love the chandelier in the garden - an elegant touch.

    The thing about lack of motivation - it never lasts forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That garden scene looks inviting! I was thinking the chandelier hung from an arbor overhead, but unseen in the painting...

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will include you in my prayers this morning that you will be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picture. It's gray and snowing here today!! A boost in color is just what I need! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Santos,

    I've been bordering a bit on the "unmotivated" side too. It's a bit alarming. I try not to worry about it too much, but that doesn't do much good, since I am a "classic worry wart," Ha! :)

    I liked your quotes. What book did you use to find them?

    I think the chandelier is hanging upon a strong branch on a nearby tree, Yeah right! :)

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies for joining me for tea. It is always such a delight to hear from you and to visit at your blogs for tea time.

    Jerralea, thanks for the encouragement.

    Jo, you may have jasmine tea. It is always in the cubboard. But, what's wrong with liquid sea vegetables? LOL


    Lady Rose, I have a whole shelf of George MacDonald. But you can go to www.macdonaldphillips.com for more information and great quotes. He has always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...