January 12, 2011

Mid-week Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Outside my window...

A little girl with pigtails and two missing teeth building an igloo out of the fast melting snow.

I am thankful for...

A warm cozy home on a cold day.

I am learning...

That when we choose to obey God, even when the way seems dark and unpromising, the result is ALWAYS, always, peace and joy.

From the kitchen...

Pot of beans boiling for burritos tonight.  Sweet, buttery banana bread about to come out of the oven. 

I am wearing...

excercise clothes! I better hurry and get dressed!

I am creating...

a habit of excercising every day.  New habits are hard to make. 

I am going...

to do some home making today - cleaning, organizing, cooking, teaching.    

I am remembering...

That I am created by and for God.  What does He want me to do today?

I am reading...

Psalm 34 over and over this week. I want to memorize it.

I am hoping...

to send out our Scripture song CD this week. It was supposed to go in the Christmas cards, but that didn't happen.  I am also hoping that I can be consistent with my children - without anger.  Pray for me.

I am hearing...

The wind blowing through the trees, the sound of the snow melting off the roof and gurgling in the gutter, the children calling to each other outside.

Around the house...

A wet and muddy entry way from the kids coming in and out of the snow.

One of my favorite things...

Waking slowly under the weight and warmth of heavy quilts on a cold morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Practice saying "Yes Lord" to whatever he commands me to do.

 I look forward to the day when those two little words won't hurt so much.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Sophia speeding down the hill before breakfast this morning.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have lots of good and worthy things going on right now.

    LOVE the picture you shared of your daughter. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    Sounds like you have some good food cooking at The Santos Times today. Mind if I stop by for a visit? :)

    I'm glad to hear that you are getting in the habit of exercising. I have still been slacking in that area, sigh. I used to well-motivated with exercise, but not here lately.

    Anyway, take care dear friend.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hearing about your day. I can almost smell that banana bread! I wish i was motivated and had the rim for exercise.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. It is longer than some of your others. I don't like banana bread, but I would have loved to have a burrito with you and go sledding with my niece.

    Love you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ladies~ Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm glad you like the picture of Sophia, Michele. I thought she looked so athletic. Lady Rose~ my door is always open. I only wish you really could stop by for a visit.
    Jo~ I'm having the hardest time with exercise. My kids help me by reminding me "MOM, you said you wanted to exercise every day. C'mon!"
    Lisa~ WHAT!? You don't like banana bread? More for me. Come over. Why don't you have your honeymoon on Whidbey Island? You can go whale watching and we will all tag along? You wouldn't mind that, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is super cool post:))))

    http://missovertherainbow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura - I wouldn't mind at all if I got to spend some real time with you and the kids - no matter when it was.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...