December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Monday, December 20, 2010

Outside my window...

Winter greys and the sound of the horses braying coming through the forest next door.

I am thinking...

that sometimes, when a person is offended, it could be because something is revealed in themselves that they don't like.

I am thankful for...

This wonderful time of year...it truly is.  Calling "Merry Christmas" to strangers and neighbors.

I am learning...

That just because a truth is revealed to me, doesn't mean I am to reveal it to others.  Sometimes, it is better just to be quiet and wait and pray.

From the kitchen...

For a welcome home treat for my Mr., peppered goat cheese with crackers and sparkling cider.  Do you think he'll feel welcomed? I hope so.  For dinner spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread.  I made two giant trays of meatballs a few days ago...so glad I did.  It is so easy to toss them in a soup or make a gravy and mashed potato...yummy
I am wearing...

a denim skirt and a sweater.

I am creating...

caramel popcorn Christmas gifts.
I am going...

to enjoy this week and reflect, ponder, meditate on, sing about, and share the birth of my Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ.   

I am remembering...

The Wonderful Christmas Program at church last night.  What a blessing to spend time with other believers rejoicing.

I am reading...

Philipians, Good and Evil, by Michael Pearl, and library books with the children

I am hoping...

To cut my hair this week.  I am feeling like I should color it too...but I have never done that before and want something natural.  I don't like all the grey that has been showing lately.

I am hearing...

Sophia reading to her brother and sister.

Around the house...

Clean house, candles lit, appetizers ready, expectation to make Mr. Santos feel like a king.

One of my favorite things...

thoughtful presents!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Order the tamales and pupusas for Christmas Eve.  Listen to lots of Christmas hymns.  Clean out my van (or maybe not) Make lots of yummy things...coconut chews, chocolate chip cookies with walnuts, cranberry pumpkin bread, caramel corn, the family's favorite cheese bread.  If only these plans included YOU.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Four thoughts after reading this:

    1. You sound very mature spiritually.

    2. Your husband is a blessed man to have a wife that dotes on him.

    3. I dye my hair and if it wasn't for so much gray I would never, ever go through it. It's not hard and I found a color much like my original, but it's just one of those things that I dread doing every time.

    4. Why did I never think to make and freeze big batches of meatballs? Thanks for the light bulb moment.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a SWEET wife and mama! ♥

    And I love the picture because a SS class organizer suggested we have a sledding party in January since the Christmas party was canceled... ha ha... We are the OVER FORTY class! I haven't been on a sled with my kids recently, let alone with my peers :o So, that's ME in the picture, only paint my skirt in denim... and carry me to the chiropractor after the fun is over =)

    Have a beautiful Christmas week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting, full of joy.

    I colour my hair as I dont like the white and grey. It isn't a job I enjoy.

    Great idea about freezing meat balls, would save a lot of time. Thanks for the idea.

    Pop corn sounds nice!!!

    Blessings blogger friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I like what you're thinking...
    Providing a sanctuary for our life partner is truly a worthy thing to strive for..after the stress of work, it is a blessing for them to come through the door and feel welcome..I try to always meet mine at the door.
    Your dinner sounds lovely...I've not had lunch and Spaghetti & Meatballs sounds wonderful...I am much interested in the traditions and foods that you have in your culture.
    Have a blessed Christmas.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...