December 06, 2010

Blessings this week


~ Listening to Christmas hymns and hearing my littles proclaim,  "Momma, it's so pretty and cozy at home." "Mom, if I make my eyes blurry, the lights on the Christmas tree look like stars." 

~ Sharing homemade Peanut Butter Bars, Pumpkin walnut cookies, and Blueberry cheesecake squares with our neighbors and tree farm customers.  We don't usually have so many treats around...yum.

~ Meeting a kind older woman who took my cold hand in hers.  With a twinkle in her eyes she said,  "Oh, honey your hands are so cold! But you probably have a warm heart." That is how I want to be...kindness on my lips.

~ Watching Charlie Brown Christmas with my family.  I love Linus' answer to Charlie Brown "Doesn't anyone know what Christmas is all about?!"

~ Finding Madame Alexander dolls for my girls at the thrift store.  We got "Jo" from Little Women and "Switzerland" from the international collection.  Both dolls brand new are upwards of $60.00 U.S.  Ours were only 99 cents. 

~ Selling 135 Christmas wreaths to a local nursery.  Mr. Santos worked long and late to make them and God blessed his labors.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.  James 1:17

2 comments:

  1. lovely to read your post and see thins are going well for you and your family.
    Blessings and love,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jan, for your kind comments and visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...