November 22, 2010

Thankful Today

It's snowing! The children are outside playing, before breakfast even. All the better, no food wasted as they will be hungry when they come in. Isn't the Lord good to take what could be unpleasant - a cold grey day - and make it bright and happy and full of fun with SNOW?

How he loves us! How the Lord God loves you and me! I hope that you can see this today.

(allposters)
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord. Psalm 122:1

Church services went late yesterday. It was our Thanksgiving Service and the congregation took turns giving thanks.  There wasn't a single "I'm thankful for" that didn't bless me. But what blessed me most was that no one was anxious for the service to be over.  I was not aware of any stress over missing the football game.  No one rushed out as soon as the service was over.  It was like a bunch of family members sharing stories around the table. 

Later that day, everyone returned to church with big pots of soup and bread and desserts to share a meal together.  I was a little sad to have missed it.  I am so thankful to be a part of the body of Christ.  I am so thankful to be a part of a church that loves one another with their actions and their time.  I am so thankful for other believers who encourage me and love me.  I hope to be an encouragement to them too.

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Heb 1-:24-25

Pastor mentioned in the message that Thankfulness follows humility. We cannot be thankful really until we acknowledge a need.

There are some people in my life that I have a hard time expressing thanks to. It isn't that there is nothing to be thankful for, it is that I have a prideful heart. Thank you Lord, for revealing this to me.

4 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE the snow! It is snowing here, too; we already have a couple inches! SOOOO pretty! I missed seeing you last night!
    Love you,
    ~Tarra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    It sounds like you had wonderful fellowship with your church the other day.

    I forgot that it snows where you live. I don't think I would like snow too much, but I am sure it looks pretty.

    Lastly, thank you for sharing with us all the things that you are thankful for. Your thankfulness helps me to remember not to take anything for granted.

    Blessings and Friendship,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this post. I wish you could have gone back for the dinner and fellowship, but your church sounds wonderful.

    PS - If I was there I'd totally be sledding and making snow angels with my nieces and nephew :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have hardly seen snow in my life time!!

    I have so much to be thankful for, sadly I seem to dwell on other stuff and forget to thank the Lord for all he has provided. May you and your family be blessed with a beautiful thanksgiving day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...