November 29, 2010

Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Monday, November 29th, 2010

Outside my window...

Cold grey day, a little fog, and a van with almost 220,000 miles on it.  The transmission is going out and everytime that green machine takes me somewhere, I smile and give thanks.
I am thinking...

God is good.
I am thankful for...

A happy and peaceful birthday celebration yesterday.
I am learning...

That when we choose to obey God, even when the way seems dark and unpromising, the result is ALWAYS, always, peace and joy.
From the kitchen...

Tuna sandwiches, granola bars and whatever else we can pack quickly to take with us to the farm.
I am wearing...

lots of layers under a green sweater and denim skirt.  It will be cold at the farm today.
I am creating...

memories with my children that will shape their future. 

I am going...

to order some Tru Greens and Amino Charge from Lifeforce today.  I have been feeling heavy and sluggish lately.  I know this is because I am not eating as much raw food as we usually do.  Every winter this happens. The LORD is so good.  He provided some extra funds (and it is 50% off right now) so I will be able to give my family their "salad in a jar" every day for the rest of the season.   

I am remembering...

That I am a servant of the LORD Jesus Christ.  What does He want me to do today?
I am reading...


By Divine Design, by Michael Pearl and tidbits of Knowing the Heart of God, by George MacDonald.  These are books I always refer to and read and reread and read again.

I am hoping...

To have a peaceful and meaningful Christmas month.  We are taking everyday to focus on the choice and gift that God made in sending Jesus to be born.
I am hearing...
The children running around packing their bags for a day at the farm.

Around the house...
Everything picked up for the most part.  There is a mountain of clothes waiting to be folded on my bed...something to look forward to when we come home tonight.
One of my favorite things...

Happy, obedient children who trust their momma.
A few plans for the rest of the week:

I don't know.  I know I have plans, but lately, all my plans seem to fly out the window for what comes up that day.  So, I will just say my plan is to be thankful.

"Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."  Proverbs 27:1

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:14-16

3 comments:

  1. Such a good "plan" for your week!

    God bless you in it ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Santos,

    Wow! You have a van with almost 220,000 miles on it, and it still runs well? That is simply amazing! :)

    Anyway, try not to get too cold as you work on the farm this year.

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear about your day.

    It has been very wet here and it is becoming a bit weary, getting in and out of the car is a pain in the rain. But I am safely indoors now where it is warm and cozy!

    Blessings to you:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...