November 15, 2010

Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY

Monday, November 15th, 2010


Outside my window...

It is a blustery day...dark grey skies, fast moving clouds, tall trees swaying forcefully.
I am thinking...

How good it is to be loved.  A mother loving her child...his head resting on her shoulder and the heavy warm weight of him in her lap.  There is so much peace in that.  The man embracing his wife.  The little notes and poems on the refrigerator.  The calls from long distance relatives. 

But how can we give and receive love without forgiveness?

I am thankful for...

Forgiveness.

I am learning...

How to be organized.  I have been married over 12 years, homeschooling for 4 years, growing older and I am finally...yes, believe me it can happen, I am finally learning how to be organized.

From the kitchen...

Hot buttery popcorn and hot cocoa.  The best snack for my lovies on a blustery day.

I am wearing...

a soft brown skirt with a light blue button up shirt, a brown cardigan sweater and extra thick brown socks.
I am also wearing the softest, warmest, "long-johns" underneath.
my "cat" clothes...good for curling up on the couch.

I am creating...

a habit to have kindness be on my lips.  This doesn't become real unless you are met with situations where kindness is the LAST thing you want on your lips.

He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it...so the mean and the lazy and the provoking are always around.  What to do?  Practice kindness.

I am going...

to fold and put away the laundry.  On a cold day, it is nice to fold warm clothes out of the dryer.


I am remembering...

The great debt that I have been forgiven. 

Was reading today in John 20, Jesus says three times "Peace, I give unto you." Thank you, Lord.

I am reading...


Christmas stories and the book of John.

I am hoping...

To finish our Scripture CD before Christmas.  Coming along...coming along.

I am hearing...


the children reading their new stash of library books in the fort they built.
Around the house...

a child's fort, built with sheets and blankets and overturned chairs.
One of my favorite things...

a new dress 

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Fine tune our chore packs (AWESOME).  Post a blog about our chore packs.  Work on my new blog design.  It isn't happening like I planned, but then nothing ever does.  All in God's time. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

One of my favorite paintings.  Eugene de blaas, "The knitting lesson" I love the woman's expression...so involved in the lesson. The child's hands and posture are sweet...makes me want to scoop her up to look at her work.  I just love it...the textures of the materials and the clothes...

There's nothing more enjoyable than beautiful paintings to admire on a blustery day.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting.

    Lovely to near about your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to hear more about the long johns..I would like to wear more skirts for everyday..first I need some that are more practical and then I would need something to keep my legs warm..I have some nylon pantaloons like a split slip that I wear when I go out in skirts.
    Loved reading about your day.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...