November 07, 2010

Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY
(typed on sunday night)

Monday, November 8th, 2010


Outside my window...

The vegetable garden. It is a MESS. Well, not really. It just needs to be cleaned up and put to bed for the winter. I plan on doing that today.

I am thinking...

about a quote by C. S. Lewis: "You do not have a soul.  You are a soul.  You have a body."  I'm thinking that most of my struggles have to do with my body and not my soul. For example, being tired, or worried, or provoked are flesh issues and do not affect the state of my soul.

This really gives me peace.

I am thankful for...
My grandmother. She is old and sick and dying. She lives far from me, but she calls me often and shares with me little "secrets" that are just between us.  I miss her so much. 

I am learning...

How to persevere. (learning is the key word here)

Perseverance: n. persistent determination or continued pursuit of...

From the kitchen...

Two big steaming pots.
Beans and Chicken Broth.
We have a busy week ahead. I plan on packing burritos and fruit for lunches and tossing this and that in the broth for dinners.
I am wearing...

a black dress with white polka dots.
I am creating...


chore packs for my kids. I look forward to giving this project a blog post all it's own.

I am going...

To write a letter to my grandmother.
I am remembering...

I was "tagged" and I should respond.

I am reading...


Poetry with my children - W. de la Mare and Little Britches by Ralph Moody.

I am hoping...

My family comes through that door soon.  They have been gone all day on a "pine cone" hunt. We have a large order for Christmas wreaths and need them for decoration.  I MISS THEM.

I am hearing...


the very loud silence of an empty house.  I think I will turn on some music to drown it out.

Around the house...

it is clean and uncluttered.  The groceries are put away. The pots are simmering and I can't wait for some mud and dirty socks to be littered all over the place when my family comes home.

One of my favorite things...


cinnamon rolls.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

More work on our scripture CD.  Help Mr. Santos make wreaths. Kiss my kids a bit more this week. Smile at my husband a bit more this week. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

How did this little girl turn into....
this big girl so fast?

6 comments:

  1. Wow Sophia. You are growing up into who you were always meant to be. A beautiful girl. I love you so much!!! Love, nomama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to read your post and meet your family.

    Indeed you mention a lot of truths and wisdom.

    Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can see and feel and smell the wonderful joys and comforts of your home through this post!
    God bless you in your decoration-making ventures this year!
    I look forward to that chore-pack post.
    A word about "Little Britches"...don't know how far you've gotten in your reading...but I was really sad to find that they OFTEN take the Lord's name in vain in that book...I had to go through and black them all out before I allowed my son to read it. SO SAD.
    Why do authors do that? And...especially in a book that is highly promoted among Christian circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me want to go and cook and enjoy the aroma's of things stewing on the stove. :)

    Your quote from CS Lewis has really made me stop and think - we tend to work from the idea that we are a body with a soul. But you are right - we are a soul with a body. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your Day Book Mrs Santos... and you have a beautiful daughter.

    They grow so quickly don't they? I used to say to my children that I need to stop feeding them! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a beautiful child my friend..:)reminds me of my 8 year old sister..:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...