October 21, 2010

Tea Time-Autumn Days

join Ruth and others for tea, HERE.

I am having...

Jasmine tea in my cobalt blue mug. Same old, same old. But it warms me up so well, hits the spot EVERY time and I like the feel of my cup in my hands.

I am feeling...

Excited and Impatient. New things are coming to The Santos Times...Big things, Exciting Things, Impossible things made Possible by my Great and Mighty God...and I am so excited.

But waiting...I see it coming, but when? I can't wait. I wish you could see what I see.

On my mind...

I got a tan yesterday. How's that for some deep thoughts? No, Ruth said that tea time is supposed to be a light meeting...so there...Yesterday, I was at the farm by myself for most of the day (long story). We only had one surge of customers, so most of the day I sat in my rocking chair (do I sound like an old lady?) with my feet up on a log, reading, and soaking in the sun. It was WONDERFUL. I even chatted on my cell phone with my sister and a friend.

Today, I noticed that my face is brown with a tan. IN OCTOBER! and in WASHINGTON!

I don't have a quote to share today...but I do have some pictures. You know how I lost my camera? A friend came by the farm last weekend to buy pumpkins and took these shots. I was so thankful he shared them with me.


Noah, growing into such a man. He was running because it was a busy day. "Noah, do this! Noah, do that!"

And here are the girls "Running" also...working hard to get the customers what they need. In the background you can see the paint brushes and some of the pumpkins they painted during the down times.


Sophia Lou, My bugga boo

Naomi Baloney , My sweet Macaroni

From my "Patch." Next year, we will try to grow the sunflowers into a "hut" for the littles to play in.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing those photos today! What a neat glimpse into daily life. I understand what you mean about the warm sun--here in the Chicago area I'm still harvesting from my garden. Though, this will be the last week for that. Such warm weather!

    Blessings to you!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, wonderful photos, they are priceless! I am so excited to read about your enthusiasm, I know God has some wonderful things in store for you, WOW! What a great outlook.
    We are having the most warm October here in Indiana too. I am still eating tomatoes and peppers out of my garden and my rose bush is still blooming, amazing October so far.
    Blessings,
    katia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naomi Baloney, My sweet macaroni - awwww. You have cute kids. I haven't had jasmine tea in forever. Sitting on a rocking chair with feet up on a log reading and soaking in the sun is quite a beautiful situation to be in.

    Thanks for dropping by my nook, Mrs Santos. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you were able to have those pictures of your beautiful children!

    OK, call me "behind in things," but I didn't realize that you live on a farm! I'm going to have to dig around this blog to learn more about that, I get all a-flutter about farms and farm-life! My oldest is going to be a farmer...he plans to raise sheep! I just turned his story into an e-book (it's free), have it on my blog. Coming out of suburban Chicago, raising a sheep farmer is no easy thing!

    Looking forward to hear about all the big plans that the Lord is putting before you!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Laura!!! I just wanna go to your beautiful farm and give you all a big hug. I felt the warmth of home by just looking at the pictures. I want to sit on that rocking chair and enjoy a long day with you. There's so much to share. I'm sure we have lots in common!

    It looks like there's a lot of great things coming your way. I can feel the excitement there. May God bless your farm bountifully and may His abundant blessing be always upon your family. Ohhh, if only I lived in the US, I would plan to give you a visit, haha. Who knows?! The world is getting smaller.
    I love you my dear friend.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs Santos, I enjoyed the pictures very much, and I love the sunflower one!

    Is your farm a crop one or do you have animals also? I love reading about farm life also.

    I really love the new look of your blog too!

    Thank you for your encouraging comment on my blog. I am glad that you and the children enjoyed the pictures of the little abandoned budgie!

    God bless you all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Santos,

    I am curious as to why you are so excited. I guess it's a "secret" for your blog friends for now, eh? :)

    At any rate, I enjoyed the pictures. Your children are getting bigger and more beautiful each day. You must be so proud of them.

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos of your children running, they are great. I love jasmine tea, it is all I drink ( I think I will make a mug right now). I don't brown at all, just get sunburnt, go red, peel and go back to pale. With skin cancer in our family I avoid getting to much sun without a lot of sun lotion. This is a problem in a country like Australia where we get so much sun each summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, thank you so much for dropping by, nice seeing you page for the first time. Nice post, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lady Rose~ I will send you an e-mail soon to let you in on my exciting "secret". I am waiting still, but when it happens, IF it happens, The Santos Times will tell all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...