October 07, 2010

Tea Time

join Ruth and others for tea, HERE.

I am having...

Earl Grey tea in a cobalt blue mug. It hits the spot. My hands are cold, but my mug is warm.

I am feeling...

Cold. All I need to do is get that batch of pumpkin bread into the oven and our little house will warm up.

I also feel a little distracted. Time to BE STILL for a minute and get my thoughts gathered. Michele posted a beautiful hymn that will help with this.

On my mind...

When I am this distracted and (o.k. I'll admit it, grumpy) it is usually because I am not getting what I want...UGH!

When I was younger I used to pray "Good morning Lord, this is your day, I am your child, please show me your way."

This is a brand new day to do God's will...that is what I was created for, what brings me joy and peace. So, will I do it or continue to be grumpy seeking my own pleasure? Pray for me...sometimes it is such a battle.

A quote to share...


It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul [that] seeketh him. It is good that [a man] should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:22-26

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Anne! I'm Christine, visiting through Ruth's Tea Talk. I love your childhood prayer--we should all pray that at the beginning of the day!

    Thanks for letting me stop by!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    It's always a blessing to stop by your site. You always have things I need to hear (smile).

    This is a beautiful post. Your words brought much encouragement to my heart. I used to say almost the same prayer when I was a little child. I still do but it's so easy to be overcome by the tyranny of the urgent and rush to do things my way. Yes, it's only by His great love, patience and grace that I'm still here. Such a gracious God we have!

    Blessings to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm hopping over here from Ruth's blog while enjoying my cup of tea--very late.

    Beautiful prayer and I hope that you enjoyed your pumpkin bread. Sounds yummy for the season.

    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your prayer...hmmmm, I think I need to memorize that one thru practice! Thank you for your sweet comment earlier today, and yes, those verses are also very encouraging!

    Love and blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine the smell in your house with the bread cooking. I love that hymn that you link to. Beautiful words that offer much comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Santos,

    I have had those days when I get distracted and grumpy, ugh! Those are not fun days to be sure, but they help to teach us patience and contentment. These two things we ALL need to practice each and every day.

    I enjoyed reading your little prayer that I learned as a child.

    Take care dear friend.

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...