October 08, 2010

No Fail Banana Bread


3 or 4 very ripe bananas (may substitute 15 oz pumpkin puree or 1 1/2 cup shredded zuchini)

1 cup brown sugar packed

1 egg

4 Tbl butter

1 1/2 cups flour (I use whole wheat flour)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

chopped walnuts

(I forgot I do add some lemon zest if I am making zuchini bread)


Mix it all together (add the melted butter last) and bake in a greased 9x5 pan at 350 degrees until a knife inserted comes out clean. (about an hour). When you remove the pan from the oven melt a pat of butter over the top and sprinkle with teaspoon of white sugar.


Hope you enjoy! This makes a nice gift for the holidays.

3 comments:

  1. Laura,
    You've made my day! We love banana cake and love new recipes!
    Thanks so much!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. what if I don't have a 9x5 baking pan?

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa~ I think a small square pan would work. The bread rises so a loaf pan is best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...