October 15, 2010

My Girls


My girls teach me so much. Sometimes it warms my heart and puts a smile on my face that nothing can erase. Other times they teach me things that hurt...and I would rather not learn it...


~Naomi Baloney~


This seven year old recently got "born again". The Bible says "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3. If you want to read that story go HERE.


The next day she wrote a letter and a poem and put them in an envelope with all the money she had. "Mom, can I mail this today?"


The letter was a thank you to God for making her a part of the family of God. It was signed,


Luv, Naomi


P.S. pleez repli


The poem read: "Roses are red, vilits are blu, you are my God, and I luv u."




~Sophia Lou~



This punkin pie is very observent. We were doing a Bible study on how we should love our God and our neighbor. We used for our text:



Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: 1 Cor 13:4-8




We took each attribute of Charity (which is love) and talked about it so that we could get a clear picture of what LOVE is. At the end, I asked


"So do you have any thoughts?"


Sophia piped up, "Yeah, you don't love like this. At least, you don't love ME like this."

Ouch.

What could I say?

I admitted the truth. "You are right. I do not love you like this. But I want to."

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Santos,

    I enjoyed reading about how your children are learning and growing in the Lord.

    I received and read the email you sent me that told the story of how Naomi accepted the Lord. I thought it was a beautiful story. I thought it was sweet that she wrote a poem to God. :)

    BTW, I like your new blog look. I like how your blog does not have all that "clutter" on the side bar (unlike mine). I am thinking that maybe I should remove some of the pictures on my side bar so it's not so crowded.

    Anyway, take care dear friend.

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooooo happy for Naomi!!! I love her little note to God!! So cute :)

    Hope to see you soon!
    Love you,
    ~Tarra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children can tell the honest truth as they see it, whereas we adults will go around the point. Lovely to meet your children and I love the poem your daughter wrote. Something worth framing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful post about your girls. I enjoyed reading. Naomi's love letter to God is so cute and heartwarming. I love hearing about young children accepting Jesus in their hearts. My Zoe prayed to received Christ before she turned 8. She cried while praying.
    Sophia's thoughts is so honest, and you did give a good answer. Blessings to your family.

    P.S.
    I just posted an update on my children in my homeschool blog. It's almost similar to yours :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...