October 26, 2010

Daybook



(click on the icon for more daybook fun)


FOR TODAY


Tuesday, October 27th


Outside my window...




Grey.


(If I take time to LOOK a little while I can see that the grass is very green, that the trees are yellow and orange, that brown leaves have littered the driveway and I have a red wicker chair and table by the garden. But you really have to LOOK - hard - to see anything other than grey.)


I am thinking...

That criticism...no matter how much truth may be behind it...never brings about positive change.

I am thankful for...


The compass. Isn't it amazing? God did not intend for us to wander about aimlessly. He gives us direction and enables us to find our way.


I am learning...


That being still is not being lazy. Sometimes much more is accomplished in quiet stillness than a flurry of activity.




From the kitchen...

Hot tea. Burritos. Hot tea. yogurt and granola. Hot Tea. and finally, another pot of Hot Tea.


(can you tell it is a cold grey day?)

I am wearing...


Long denim shirt with a white button up blouse. My blouse has big ruffles on the front and on the sleeves. I also have on a sloppy red hoody...because I'm cold. But I will take it off if I leave the house or have company.

I am creating...


A new blog look. Can't wait for the reveal.



I am going...


To figure out how to include exercise into my life.

I am remembering...


A poem my children came up with after another homonym revelation.


"I was chilly in Chile where I grew chilies for my chili."


I am reading...


The classifieds.


I am hoping...

To participate in a new meme that my friend Lady Rose started on her blog. "Wondering Wednesdays." I thought it was such a great idea and a wonderful way to include my children in The Santos Times.

I am hearing...


The children whistling while they piece a puzzle together on this grey day.


Around the house...

shadows and dark corners. I guess I should turn some lamps on...it is only 1:00 in the afternoon.


One of my favorite things...


The chubby cheeks and short neck of a baby.


A few plans for the rest of the week:



I plan to set my affections on things above and not on things of the earth...


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


(photo by R. Gehman)

The beauty of a grey Autumn day.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed meeting you through Daybook ~ That is a beautiful fall photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Loved your comment on the "learning" item...me too! Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that poem! What a very lovely photo, I love autumn. Thankyou fro sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Santos,

    This was quite a wonderful Daybook entry to read. As Jo stated, I also enjoyed the poem your children created.

    Sounds like your part of the world is quite overcast and grey. Same here, and cold as all get out! You are smart to make all that tea in the kitchen to keep you warm. :)

    I'm glad that you liked my Wondering Wednesday meme (is that what it's supposed to be called). :)

    Anyway, take care, and I hope that you will visit my "castle" in the near future. I enjoy your comments. :)

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the new blog look!!! I love the picture, too!

    Love you,
    ~Tarra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ladies~ Thank you so much for sharing my daybook today and for your kind comments. You make blogging so fun. Have a happy day and hope to "visit" with you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...