September 23, 2010

Tea Time

join Ruth and others for tea, HERE.

I am having...

Water. The girls and I were at a tea party today and I am just about "tea'd" out. I had Ginseng Peppermint tea (wonderful) with a slice (a HUGE slice) of caramel nut apple pie. SOOO yummy and quite a treat. I brought half of my pie home for Mr. Santos, who was only too ready to gobble it up.


I am feeling...

Full. The strap around my new dress is a little tight (how does this happen so quickly?) and maybe that is making me feel fuller than I am. It couldn't be that just one decadent piece of pie with pots and pots of tea would make my dress tighter...could it?

Also feeling a little cold. Autumn is here but we are waiting as long as possible before we start to use the heater.

On my mind...

How I am going to decorate the shed for the pumpkin patch this weekend. I think I will hang a fall quilt and put out a few pumpkin spice candles...Perhaps a bowl of candy corn and a pot of cider...some garlands of fall colored maple leaves...Oh and a welcome sign, can't forget the WELCOME sign...hmm.

A quote to share...


Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1

Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches. Proverbs 24:3-4

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't take long before clothes get that tight feeling! Pumpkin displays is one thing we don't do in Australia - which is interesting as we have adopted so many American traditions.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I were coming to your pumpkin patch! I love autumn and all that it means, but over here it is not celebrated at all. In fact, the grocery stores will not even have pumpkins in until late October, and it will be a tiny display. People just don't seem to be interested. Fortunately, I am blessed with a husband who thinks HE is blessed because we celebrate everything in our home, which is a new thing for him. And he had never had candy corn until 3 years ago, when we married. Can you imagine??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Times and sharing your thoughts. We love visitors and hope that you have enjoyed your time with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...